Shires Adjustable "Hi Lite" saddles: feedback please

Charlie007

Visit site
Absolutely horrible saddles!! I bought one when my tack was stolen a few years ago to tide me over. Never again!!

I still have it. You can have it if you pay postage!! It's 18inch.

cellie

Visit site
I have leather york saddle its good budget saddle .I will be putting on ebay shortly . Have look at york version its comfortable and has changeable gullett. New they are around £400 good for young horses changing shape. My fitter was quite impressed at price and quality. PM if you want more info :)

HaffiesRock

Visit site
Absolutely god awful things!

When I bought my Haflinger, he had terrible issues with being caught, saddled and mounted. He was being ridden in a medium gullet Hi lite saddle. When I got him home and measured for a saddle, he was xxxw!! The white hair over his back says it all and literally and it took a lot of work and effort to get him over his deep rooted saddle issue.

I would rather ride bareback or not at all than put one of those awful things on my pony's back. You can get a nice Saddle Company saddle for under £200. It's worth the money to get it right otherwise you'll spend a fortune on a good physio and a proper saddle!

wench

Visit site
Absolutely god awful things!

When I bought my Haflinger, he had terrible issues with being caught, saddled and mounted. He was being ridden in a medium gullet Hi lite saddle. When I got him home and measured for a saddle, he was xxxw!! The white hair over his back says it all and literally and it took a lot of work and effort to get him over his deep rooted saddle issue.

I would rather ride bareback or not at all than put one of those awful things on my pony's back. You can get a nice Saddle Company saddle for under £200. It's worth the money to get it right otherwise you'll spend a fortune on a good physio and a proper saddle!

But then surely the width of the gullet is not the saddle itself it's the owner that's put the saddle on the horse?

cellie

Visit site
But then surely the width of the gullet is not the saddle itself it's the owner that's put the saddle on the horse?
Have to agree my shires was fitted by saddle fitter hence no problems !!! for the price the york are good value

Fides

Visit site
I have a York and and optimus puissance close contact and I prefer the fit for both horse and rider of the puissance. Fits my sports horse mare with a medium wide gullet and my chunky welsh D with the extra wide. Fitted by a saddler to both and I just swap the gullets over if needed.