Shires long riding boots

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Does any one have them? What are they like fit/quality wise?
I’m only looking for something cheap and cheerful. I only hack and I look after my riding boots as in I take them off straight away to wash off or muck out.
My old boots were Mark Todd and I’ve had them about 10 years! So only expecting light use.
Or do I go for better, Ariat maybe and expect them to probably last my lifetime

teddypops

Visit site
I have had several pairs and they are not bad. I like the ones with the chunkier sole as I wear them all day. I usually have to get the zips repaired but they last a few years. They are a bit odd in their sizing though and some are bigger and wider than others even although they claim to be the same size!

Cavalier

Visit site
I’ve just bought the Moretta boots which seem fine. I’ve no idea how long they’ll last but the were comfy straight away, no blisters or rubbing, and only £100. The brown is really nice

Uliy

Visit site
I’ve had two pairs of Norfolk field boots and the first ones were definitely better quality than the newer ones (after they’d rebranded to be shires sport equestrian stuff). However, they fit my short skinny calves well and have lasted!

They are quite bulky around the ankle once worn in, which personally hasn’t bothered me but was commented on by a dressage instructor. They’re no worse than other cheap-ish leather boots though!

ETA: I have the non lace up ones, and my second pair were £60 (new in the box) from eBay!