Shires Stormcheeta

Overgrown Pony

Visit site
I've found a good price online for a Shires Stormcheeta Combo.

I've read that they're a good fit on large fronted WB types and are nice and deep.

My horse is normally a 7ft, however I got him a 7ft Weatherbeeta and it's a touch big on him.

What are the sizings like on the Shires Stormcheetas? Am I better going for the 7ft?

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
My two ISH are big chested and do well in Shires rugs. They are in normal sizes with them, compared to Rambos where they need a size up. They are v waterproof and last several seasons, however aren't that deep
And the tail flap is small.

Princess Rosie

Visit site
I love shires rugs, We don't have the stormcheeta but my mare has the storm breaker (black with yellow straps etc), fits so well, true to size (if you need a 6ft it fits likes. 6ft!) and simple things like the gather at the top of the neck stops it moving and no wind and rain gets in (from what I can tell!). :)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Just wanted to add, I've just bought two new no fill combos for my horses and they now have clips at the front rather than the old fashioned adjustable buckle. It means that my gelding no longer fits in them as they won't adjust much around the shoulder and are too tight.

Grrrr why did they have to change something that was good!! I don't like clips in general as we have to have sheep netting and they can catch on it if they lean over. V