Shires Tempest Rug Fit

meleeka

Visit site
Do they suit narrow chests? I’m trying to find a 4’6” heavyweight turnout with neck as cheaply as possible (don’t judge me, pony is ancient ?) , but they seem to be rare. Ruggles have one but no neck. I think the rug she came with was a Shires and there’s one on ebay that could be perfect.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I use shires on my Arab's but I wouldn't say they are narrow in front and they fit well, some tempest have buckles in front some just have the hook type so I would make sure you get one with buckles if you have a narrow type, I do use a 6ft rug on my normally 6"3 horse it's a bit short on him but because it has buckles in front I can make it work, and generally I find them really good rugs for the money.

mavandkaz

Visit site
I have them for both the TB and the cob. It's a little snug round the shoulders of the cob and needs to be on the loosest buckle hole.
Fit the TB really well.
Lovely rugs for the price

poiuytrewq

Visit site
My little Welsh A is really narrow and he has a few Shires rugs which fit nicely.
Another to look out for that is a good fit and seems to be often reduced or second hand is a Mark Todd heavy weight.