Shires Velociti RAPIDA

BMA2

Visit site
I still need to sort a 2nd bridle...

Anyone got one of these...
I have a 16 2hh TB...currently is full head and brow, cob cheeks and cob grackle...

Just wondered how these come up size wise

supertramp

Visit site
Is this the one with the gap at the head piece over the poll? I would be interested in sizing for my Section D, have feeling he will need a mixture of cob and full.

Boughtabay

Visit site
I build my own bridles with parts - buy cob / full in each part and return anything that doesn’t suit 🙈 everyone compliments his “Henry James” bridle but it’s actually a HJ headpiece and lots of other bits 😝 including shires velociti range

Bobthecob15

Visit site
They are lovely bridles. I’ve just got a pony size but it’s too small so unfortunately we need cob, actually a mix of sizes I think but mainly cob. The leather is so soft and the reins are super grippy x

BMA2

Visit site
I build my own bridles with parts - buy cob / full in each part and return anything that doesn’t suit 🙈 everyone compliments his “Henry James” bridle but it’s actually a HJ headpiece and lots of other bits 😝 including shires velociti range
I'm umming and ahhing about do I buy the full and potentially then replace the cheeks (if the noseband is too big I'd return the bridle for a cob)

Or do I just go straight in with a mix n match

I'm sure years ago sizes were simpler and you'd never even be considering cob for a 16.2!!

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Thanks making me think go for the cob...

Thanks
I would have actually said full based on our experience but hopefully cob is ok! We had everything on top hole in pony which though would be ok but after 2 wears you can see it doesn’t fit at all and is pulling the bridle forwards to the ponies eyes so I’m getting the next size up instead x

rextherobber

Visit site
I have a Shires bridle, not that particular one, and I needed shorter cheek pieces, but they do all the bits and the prices are so reasonable that it's still work doing. Nice leather that wears well, your daily bridle can easily be your show one

BMA2

Visit site
I haven't ordered it yet...

Maybe I should just add up the bits?

My current grackle is a collegiate and it's a a huge cob. I'm pretty sure my horse doesn't have a pin head