Shock pregnancy!

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I thought something might click when I sent a picture but she reckons must have happened ’just’ before they got her

I know you can never tell with people but it does sound as though she genuinely didn’t know about the foal but her loss is your gain and he is very beautiful.

Equi

Visit site
Just as a word of warning though, foals tend to rear and play about with mum fairly soon after birth so I’d take that fly mask off mum for now, that would very easily catch a leg ?

Caol Ila

Visit site
Lovely foal.

Just as a word of warning though, foals tend to rear and play about with mum fairly soon after birth so I’d take that fly mask off mum for now, that would very easily catch a leg ?

Caso is into (self) destruction, so his mum gets no rugs, no fly masks, nada. Luckily (well, the opposite...this is the last semi-unhandled horse I will ever buy), her breeder left her pretty unhandled, so she doesn't know what she's missing.

TheMule

Visit site

I take a calculated risk with fly masks- this one looks well fitting, it has Velcro straps which are presumably done up snugly. If the mare needs its I would be happy to leave it on in daylight hours

JJS

Visit site
Well at least now you know the sire is either a single or double dilute. Any way to find out who owned her before her last owner?

I managed to track mine back to the dealer who’d had her before the lady I got her from. Turned out she had a palomino Welsh D stallion. There was even a picture of Mary in the field with him, so mystery solved!

Said dealer actually had a sideline in breeding nicely coloured, smart little show cobs, which is exactly the type mine has grown into. TBH, I was just relieved it wasn’t a donkey!

TheMule

Visit site
Fabulous bog off, OP!

Gorgeous mule foal pic!

Sorry to be thick, but was it obvious straight away that he was a mule? All foals look cute to me and I can't assess them at all :D.

I ended up acquiring her because her dam's owner posted on a Facebook mule group asking if people thought she might be a mule. The answer was a definite 'Yes'!
They didn’t know the mare was in foal until shortly before she foaled, she was imported from Spain unknowingly in foal.

8FC3236B-ADFC-40A6-9DBB-9E375051330E.jpeg

Jojo66

Visit site
Well at least now you know the sire is either a single or double dilute. Any way to find out who owned her before her last owner?

I managed to track mine back to the dealer who’d had her before the lady I got her from. Turned out she had a palomino Welsh D stallion. There was even a picture of Mary in the field with him, so mystery solved!

Said dealer actually had a sideline in breeding nicely coloured, smart little show cobs, which is exactly the type mine has grown into. TBH, I was just[/QUOTE

Person I bought her off is trying to contact previous owner I but I’m not holding out much hope. Meanwhile they are both doing great.

Jojo66

Visit site
Hi all, just had an update from the previous owner who has traced her history from the owner before and the sire is a 16.2 cremello Irish draft cross ? Apparently she was originally scanned by a vet who couldn’t find anything so they sold her on and are now gutted. I feel so sorry for her that she has been passed around but at least she has a home for life here.

Attachments

• 7F0D0861-5851-4112-8224-51CCB782FAE3.jpeg
    7F0D0861-5851-4112-8224-51CCB782FAE3.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 110

Clodagh

Visit site
Hi all, just had an update from the previous owner who has traced her history from the owner before and the sire is a 16.2 cremello Irish draft cross ? Apparently she was originally scanned by a vet who couldn’t find anything so they sold her on and are now gutted. I feel so sorry for her that she has been passed around but at least she has a home for life here.

Well wow you have done very well there! Have so much fun.

TheMule

Visit site

Great to know who the daddy is, and I think you've got a real cracker!