SHOCKED - what do you do???

cariadssogreat

Visit site
Oh yeah - there are still marks - although he has now gone sound. This happened at the weekend. The thing is this was done in a field adjoining a busy road - so hopefully someone else will have allready shopped them!!! I'm temped to buy the ned - but I do allready have one messed up previously mis treated horse - do I really need another?

Jiffy

photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
...I've also heard how awful it was from the horses half owner - who did stand there and watch it

[/ QUOTE ]

WWHHAAAAAAAATTTT?
confused.gif

You mean the horses half-owner stood there and let this happen...then watch someone whack the horse with a piece of 4 x 2!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Why one earth haven't you reported it to the police and the ILPH/RSPCA already?
frown.gif

That part owner sounds very irresponsible too (to put it politely)...if this <u>did</u> happen and is not some made up story.
mad.gif

cariadssogreat

Visit site
It did happen - I am just really stuck - they are going to sell the said horse asap - as they now feel it is a problem horse!! I just hope he goes soon. Anyone want a screwed up youngster - who to be honest just wants to sit and chill for the next year after all this

the watcher

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah - there are still marks - although he has now gone sound. This happened at the weekend. The thing is this was done in a field adjoining a busy road - so hopefully someone else will have allready shopped them!!! I'm temped to buy the ned - but I do allready have one messed up previously mis treated horse - do I really need another?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) everybody always thinks that somebody will do something, inevitably nobody does
2) to buy this horse would be to condone the treatment and to finance the purchase of the next victim

If you want to remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers 0800 555 111, do it now, nobody can do it for you

jemima

Visit site
If there are still marks then get off your computer and report it NOW - sorry but it's hardly fair on the animal to sit there posting about how awful it is for him when it is in your hands to stop the cruelty.

emmajanerushton

community.webshots.com
not good obviously but some terrible things go on especially with so called professionals, we take our time with ponys but are firm, with re the ILPH /RSPCA doubt you would have much luck, in proving it unless pony badly injured, they dont do enough for people that practicalyy kill animals with incompetance let alone abise them, i know my ex cob is being killed with grass and feed and will pop one day and you can tell them nothing even when reported, ( not by myself i hasten to add in case the fools are watching this) the ilph did nothing in a horse that belly was virtually touching ground and poor thing was unable to breathe, dont get me wrong he was shire x and big but have they actually looked at a fit shire they have very little fat, i sold him in fit slim condition to see it wasted !!!

Tia

Visit site
Standard practice over here for leading stallions etc. I have no issue with using a chain as a leading aid.

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
Im absolutely shocked.

Ring the police on the 0845 number and ask for the EQUINE LIASON OFFICER in your area. I have dealt with the police regarding horses and they are far far better and more effective then the RSPCA.

Maybe a visit from the boys in blue might scare the guys more then the RSPCA.

The police will contact the RSPCA as well.

Furry Ears please please report it!!!

Let us know what you do

filly190

Visit site
I am glad I was'nt there, I would have stabbed them with a cattle prod!

These people sound like gypsies! I have never heard of such rough handling before, they sound like the olden days when you broke a horses spirit!.

I would personally take the pony and hide it somewhere safe until the RSPCA can act. I would not allow this pony to go through this torture ever again.