Shocking...

Clippy

Visit site
Just to clarify, I know who owns this horse and although he was expected to be euthanised yesterday, he's rallied a bit and is trying to eat so he's being given a bit longer to see if he improves.

He's certainly NOT out of the woods by a long chalk and although he's still with us, it doesn't make the actions of these children any less severe. Disgusting, mindless little brats, i'm so very angry

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
The poor horse :( You can leave a comment on the NASA page. I'm appalled at this and further appalled by some of the comments on the horse group in the OP, blaming the schools!! How is the school's fault that kids were left unsupervised during an outing in the summer holidays?

I sincerely hope the horse recovers if his injuries aren't too debilitating, the poor lamb. Please tell his owner we are sending him vibes.

shannonandtay

Visit site
I really hope he pulls through, so shocking and this sort of thing seems to be happening more regularly nowadays. There have been six riding school horses slashed with a knife local to us, god knows whats wrong with people.

skint1

Visit site
What a world we live in. What on earth were those kids thinking? Whether or not they were adequately supervised they should not have done such a thing.

twiggy2

Visit site
healing vibes for the horse on there way.

does anyone know what actually happened?

were the kids definately part of the club or just kids that had turned up watching and hanging about?

were the kids part of a kids training day, as in was the club responsible for supervising them on that day, or was it a day where parents were responsible for their own kids? although what posses kids to do this sort of thing?

my youngest does motorbike trials and they do get lots of kids just hanging about who are nothing to do with the club, although i am sure if any kid was to be seen doing anything like this the members would be putting a stop to it pretty sharpish, however the motor bike trials are held on huge expanses of land and things could happen out of site. the members kids are closely watched and not allowed to wander off mainly due to the stragglers as no one wants any trouble and accidents happen on and around bikes so everyone watches out for everyone.

sorry for rambling and I do think the club are not doing themselves any favours by being silent but maybe they have been told to by legal advice from their insurance company. did the club really offer to pay vets fees then withdraw the offer?

poor horse, poor owners how ever it happened.

skint1

Visit site
I was thinking along the same lines Twiggy, I've never been to a horse event that has had formal supervision for the children of patrons, it is up to you to arrange that for yourself, I wouldn't expect any hobby club to provide that sort of thing, and really, they shouldn't need to. Something is deeply wrong with kids that can do this sort of thing that no amount of voluntary supervision at a fun day out is going to fix.

If the club offered to pay the vet fees then the should do so immediately, though I would say the parents of the vile brats involved should be the ones to cough up really. They may not be able to talk about what is going on because the police or their lawyers or whatever have asked them not to, I hope at least they've revoked the membership of anyone whose spawn were involved in this incident.

As I said, if it were my horse or I came across such a thing I would not be responsible for my actions, I hope the poor horse recovers from its terrible ordeal.

zaminda

Visit site
Sadly it seems to be the mentality of so many these days to simply stand by and watch, or get their phone out and start videoing it. Where was the horse in relation to the club? I feel that the parents of the children should be forced to cough up, and personally I would be looking at intervention into the families as well, before there is another incident involving any of these children doing this sort of thing again.

Sunshine

Visit site
I am absolutely disgusted and appalled at this. I sincerely hope the poor horse pulls through and doesn't suffer any long term effects.

If it was an organised event I would assume they hired the land and therefore would have entry fees and possibly gates with entry charges for spectators, as opposed to running like rallies where spectators can just appear by the side of the track. In that scenario there ought to be restrictions on unaccompanied children due to the risk of injury etc. Otherwise these children would be local and just walked over the fields. If they were local then they could have done this at any time -so why choose to do such a vile thing when there are lots of potential witnesses?

I cannot believe that parents would be so self-obsessed, lazy, and reckless as to not know where their children were either. Definitely needs to be taken forward as a criminal and civil matter and sue the pants off the grasstrack association, take it to one of the motoring organisations to highlight in the media.

pansymouse

Visit site
It's widely acknowledged that psychopaths spend their early years molesting/torturing animals. What will society do with these children when they enter adult life without empathy or a moral compass? I'm told if a child does not learn empathy before it is two years old it won't.
I've had to move my horses twice and into increasingly secure locations because they were attacked by feral children - I saw it happen and involved the Police but they were seemingly powerless.

MrsElle

Visit site
Looks as if National Auto Grass or whatever they are called have removed their Facebook site. They initially stopped people being able to comment, but people were doing so in reply to a post.

I don't have the words to describe how I feel about these children, their parents and the company.

Hope the horse pulls through.

twiggy2

Visit site
If it was an organised event I would assume they hired the land and therefore would have entry fees and possibly gates with entry charges for spectators, as opposed to running like rallies where spectators can just appear by the side of the track. In that scenario there ought to be restrictions on unaccompanied children due to the risk of injury etc. Otherwise these children would be local and just walked over the fields. If they were local then they could have done this at any time -so why choose to do such a vile thing when there are lots of potential witnesses?

Definitely needs to be taken forward as a criminal and civil matter and sue the pants off the grasstrack association, take it to one of the motoring organisations to highlight in the media.

many organised events i.e low level cross country do not charge entry and it may have been the same, what happened is terrible, before i start aiming my shots at the organisation that were there i feel there needs to be a secure link between them and those that committed the atrocity.

if i happened to be at an event (of any sort) and something like this happened out of view and by kids not involved in the organisation of the day i would be horrified to be lumped in with the act. i am not saying this is what happened just offering the idea that it may be nothing to do with the racing and maybe it is judge by media not fact?

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
a very responsible step, even if (supposing) kids with the organisation are responsible for what happened it does not mean everyone is guilty by association-or it doesn't for me

and in my opinion that is part of the problem! If people took responsibility for stopping children behaving badly, whether they were there children or not, then perhaps these'feral' children would have a little more care given to them! I would have no wish to have contact with people who allowed their children to behave in this manner, so would not be part of the group in future, but had I seen unnaccompanied children approaching areas they had no right to be in, I would have sent them back to their parents.

maree t

Visit site
I am horrified by this. That poor horse, I do so hope he pulls through. I hope the police are going to get involved.
We had an incident years ago where we caught a couple of kids pelting our horses with crab apples. They had obviously been doing it a while when we got there. My OH caught one of them and got hold of him, I stopped him from hitting him but we followed them back to where they were fishing and called the police. They came and started speaking to the boys whose father then turned up. He was so apologetic and assured us that they were going to pay dearly and he was disgusted with them so I hope they never did anything like that again.
I will be following this story and hope that those vile kids are caught.

Clippy

Visit site
The horse has been pts today. The children involved were connected with the event and all aged under 12 years old. The Police are investigating too.

Absolutely gutted that after a 2 week fight, he just wasn't able to overcome this. Poor horse, how terribly he suffered for no reason at all, just disgusting, brutal kids who thought it would be fun to treat someones horse this way.

RIP Ceasar

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
RIP poor chap, I hope that the children who did this to you and the adults who should have instilled decent values into them and been at least aware of where they were and what they were doing receive suitable punishment, in this world or the next.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I am appalled, I have a teenage son and the last thing on his or his friends minds when they see in animal is to hurt it. I think the parents of these children should be prosecuted for the cruelty, it is nobodies fault but theirs that their children feel this is acceptable behaviour. Horrendous, I am so mad that this can happen to any animal.:mad3::mad3::mad3:

cattysmith

Visit site
Awful terrible situation, and I dread to think what the parents of those little slugs are like before they have managed to rear something as abhorrent as that. I imagine they are equally as heinous and no doubt should have had the kids taken from them at birth in order to give them some chance of a decent upbringing. Too late for everyone involved, especially that poor horse.