Shockwave and steroid injections for SI success stories please...

Nickles1973

Visit site
My horse has had an SI/back problem since the Summer when his field friend was caught in his leg straps of his turn out rug. This is complicated by the fact that he has bilateral psd and SI issues are well documented as secondary to this.
He has been having regular Chiro treatments and consistent work to strengthen his back and SI which was going well untill this week. I don't know if it's his work or the fact that he's been hoolying around in the wet muddy field but his back has become sore again. So the vet is coming next week to inject his SI with steroid and start shockwave to his lumbar area.
Has anyone got any positive stories to give me some hope as right now I feel very down. He's been on off lame virtually all year and I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel as anything but an oncoming train :(

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I have posted alot about my WB and his chronic SI dysfunction if you use the search you will find.

My horse is now sound and being ridden gently (he had 11 months off turned away and hasn't been ridden until 6 weeks ago since January 2011). He is affected by the cold damp weather - it seems to make him sore. I bought him a Back on Track rug to use prior to exercise to warm his back and I am looking at the Arc therapy unit and the Microvet as I believe either of these may benefit him. I suggest you take a look as they were originally used on tendon etc. They sound amazing.
There is a thread on here about the Arc which is doublle the price of the Microvet.

Nickles1973

Visit site
YandC I have also made enquiries about the microvet and Arc equine units and initial responses have both been postitive about using the machine on the SI area. I have requested a telephone call from Microvet as I'm intrigued to know more details and would like to know if the large price difference is significant in the effectiveness of the unit.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
YandC I have also made enquiries about the microvet and Arc equine units and initial responses have both been postitive about using the machine on the SI area. I have requested a telephone call from Microvet as I'm intrigued to know more details and would like to know if the large price difference is significant in the effectiveness of the unit.

Ditto I have mailed them too :)

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I've posted quite a lot on SI issues - mine was diagnosed 7 years ago and has gone on to have a reasonably successful Riding Club level career. The thing is with SI injury is really that it's likely to need lifelong management which at first is daunting but I've got used to it. My boy is 17 now and I mainly hack and don't do much competing anymore partly due to lack of time as much as he is a bit stiff these days.

I'm interested in the Microvet / ARC unit too - I'd never heard of it until the recent post on it.