Shoe removal cost at vets...£160!!

be positive

Visit site
Haven't heard back yet. I did check an old invoice for a front limb MRI for Torres, there was a £60 "MRI preparation fee" charge but no charge for shoe removal. This invoice (different vets) doesn't have an MRI preparation fee.

I checked mine, same vets as Torres went to, there was no MRI preparation fee on the invoice but mine went in unshod and had not been shod for ages so no xrays to ensure clear nail holes, £60 for prepping could include removing shoes and washing the feet which I think were scrubbed to within and inch of their lives. Although they did redo all the xrays that had been done here and the scans which they had already seen and advised on so did manage to get almost to the insurance limit.

Michen

Visit site
Just an update for anyone interested. I chased the vets about this. Apparently this was incorrect but the overall cost of the invoices remains the same!!!!! Not quite sure how that works, basically seems like they are intending to just add the cost on elsewhere, how they can justify that when they have said the £160 was a mistake I do not know so I will continue to challenge it now I have some mojo back, I have asked for a written explanation.

DappleDown

Visit site
Just an update for anyone interested. I chased the vets about this. Apparently this was incorrect but the overall cost of the invoices remains the same!!!!! Not quite sure how that works, basically seems like they are intending to just add the cost on elsewhere, how they can justify that when they have said the £160 was a mistake I do not know so I will continue to challenge it now I have some mojo back, I have asked for a written explanation.

My invoices are itemised, ask for your amended invoice to be itemised too. Then question them about whereever they have added it on.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Unreal - well done for chasing it and sticking to your guns... I can remove shoes myself (not that I need to know anymore as haven't used shoes for 7/8 years now) and I'm not sure many are taught how to do this as a matter of course these days. To me it's a fairly essential first-aid knowledge and reading this - how I would have loved to tell them to move over and stick their £160!!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site

:eek3: definitely ask for written confirmation of what has gone up/been added then! It does sound like they were just trying to pull a fast one knowing it would go straight through insurance.

Elbie

Visit site

That's ridiculous! I'm not quite sure how that works out unless they weren't meant to separately charge for shoe removal and forgot to bill something else. Ask for an amended itemised invoice and see what changes.

Perhaps they were trying to make up for a short fall on another clients account...