Shoeing...... how much do you pay?

Kristine

Visit site
£25 for 2 front shoe's standard's hot shod
But our farrier has been doing tim for 7 years and srping for a year so if the horse's are in there stables they will shoe them without anyone being there :blushes: but we trust him and he trusts the horse's (plus he brings his apprentice with hi so he's not all alone!)

loobylu

Visit site
£48 for a new set, £ 24 for fronts and £10 for as trim. Usually have to wait a little longer for the trim as he pops in to do it if he is in the area. 50p per stud hole.
edited again... to say the above all cold shod.

terrierliz

Visit site
£47 for hot shoeing and road nails, nice guy who is really good with horses. He is also 'Mr January' in the Stable Boys calendar!!
grin.gif

taggartgolf

Visit site
I pay £75 for hot shoeing my 17.1 hh clyde x (18 '' feet/shoes) and £58 for (smaller) other clyde x tb - hotshod....£54 for her refits. He originally wanted £100 for my big horse but I told him to get st**fed...(and he is a friend!!!)

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Remedial shoeing for two fronts is £75 a time..but that does include glue and tape stuff.
Normal shoeing with regular farrier is £65. I have noticed the price has leapt last year, but this farrier takes her time and I would rather pay for that than end up in the situation of the first horse, she has cost us over £1000 in remedial shoeing and x rays and special additives in her feeds and for diesel the 40 mile round trip in the last year alone.. all because our then farrier was shoeing her unbalanced and she got a pin sized crack growing right down her hoof. Its taken a year to grow a third of the way down and this week she was turned out for the afternoon for the first time (we gave her sedalin first!)

jemima

Visit site
£90 for two pairs of fronts with just a trim at the back and two trims all round. But I have the wonderful Tim and when I bought my new mare and she wouldn't pick her back right foot up for me I rang him in advance to apologise and he told me to just leave it well alone and he'd sort her out. So he turned up and said that he'd booked me half an hour. He was amazingly patient and calm with her, but firm and within 5 minutes she was picking her foot up like a lamb. He also offered to pop in when he was passing and give her another go - I suppose it makes his life easier in the long run but it's good for me too. As a reulst she's fine to shoe - even my poor abused little cob loves Tim - it's possibly the most relaxed ever is round people, standing there dozing with his chin on Tim's bottom whilst Tim does his feet!

Rambo

Visit site
£54 per set without stud holes, £58 with. Hot shod, and the guy is as reliable as anything (well he is doing a whole livery yard when he comes
smile.gif
)

leskaneen

Visit site
£55 hot with road nails-2 lads work together,turn up on time,shoes very rarely come loose and if they do they ll more or less come the next day.
They re also very easy on the eye !!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Weeeeell I don't really count as live abroad BUT my farrier charges $80 which is reeeeeeally expensive (about £12) a set. Fabian can shoe but isn't qualified and charges $50 which is about £8. I can't understand why more people don't come out here to live!

hotpot

Visit site
i pay £60 with road nails with a very good farrier, had my horse shoed this morning and was told that it has gone up to £65, but after reading all the answers i think that is good, i have to ring on sunday evening for a appointment for the following week, he does not book in advance which sometimes is a bind.