SHOES how much are you paying????

FleabittenT

Visit site
Just gone up from £55 to £60 for a full set, £65 with road studs. We're in Wales.

Other farriers in the area charge up to £80 a set :eek:

Laura1812

Visit site
I was paying £70 a set 2 years ago and was travelling the horse to the farrier. now they are all bare and I trim myself.

Clarew22

Visit site
£150 :eek: (includes bar shoes on front) every 6 weeks. Thankfully he does a refit in between which is £100.

Keeps him sound so just have to keep writing the cheques and try not to think about it :rolleyes:

siobhain

Visit site
£75 for a full set.

Although last visit she got all shoes off when the farrier decided she was playing up too much and would come back a week later when she was sedated and charged £35 for them coming off + trim and then £75 a week later for the shoes so £110. God wish i spent that much on my own shoes! :p

Vetwrap

Visit site
£65 for new set - £50 for re-fits. About £80 for a set including bar shoes. £15 for a trim.

Old boys are both shod - one has really carp feet. Youngster has nice solid little feet and is unshod. Am hoping to keep him this way and maintain them myself.

Pebbles

Visit site
Nothing. Can't get hold of my farrier! :eek:

God aren't they always a nightmare, my boy used to lose a shoe about every 2 weeks, not farriers fault, he was just a lively 4 year old monster! But could never get hold off him to put back on quickly, drove me mad!

jsr

Visit site
£50 and a Tesco Finest cake every now and again!! I'm lucky my farrier lives on the yard and is a STAR!!! :D

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
God aren't they always a nightmare, my boy used to lose a shoe about every 2 weeks, not farriers fault, he was just a lively 4 year old monster! But could never get hold off him to put back on quickly, drove me mad!

Well I know we were booked for the 4th October, but I can't remember what happened to change it... Must have been changed by the farrier or he'd have been spitting feathers at me :eek::rolleyes:

killikyle

Visit site
what is a master farrier ?
chris

Fellows of the Worshipfull Company of Farriers (FWCF) - *the highest level of technical competence a farrier can achieve and the hallmark of a master craftsman. For this, as well as having knowledge of farriery to the highest level, ...... must be able to present his knowledge to an audience in a lecture or paper form.

*(Definition courtesy of the Farriers Registration Council).

In other words, a god!

ferrador

Visit site
that sounds interesting , so your saying they are gods ? i am saying in writing here in black and white the FRC are talking out of their backside , i know hundreds of farriers who do not have their fellowship and are 100 times better horseshoers than the majority of FWCF farriers

skint1

Visit site
Right now our horse is having some remedial work done so it's awfully expensive at £180 every 5 weeks but hopefully will be covered on insurance, or some of it will anyway... thankfully once the foot balance issues have been addressed she can just have normal shoes.

A normal set of shoes with same farrier £60, pretty reasonable and I like his style, he is very thorough and enthusiastic. The work he's done with this horse in just 2 shoeing cycles is impressive, and my horse is not easy to shoe either.

Beckie65

Visit site
is there anyone in my area so i can get a price range, im trying to find a farrier for my new ponys i want the little one trimmed but my big cob i want a full set, im in north kent x

sally2008

Visit site
i know hundreds of farriers who do not have their fellowship and are 100 times better horseshoers than the majority of FWCF farriers
I am inclined to agree.

£75 a set, plus travel, plus VAT and worth every penny! My farrier is not an FWCF but he is a genius who gets and keeps horses sound.