Shoppers - 50g pony rug

hellspells

Visit site
I’ve driven myself insane looking for a 50g turnout rug for a Dartmoor pony. I don’t want a PE would prefer a horseware or Bucas and has to be mail order as went locally today and they didn’t have anything in a 5ft3.

Please can anyone recommend anywhere to look? thank you!

catkin

Visit site
My little Dartmoor Hill pony has 2 Weatherbeeta 50g rugs in 5'3. I got mine from a local store who ordered them in. The model is Comfitec Essential medium-lite which is the navy one with 50g fill and 1200 den outer.

hellspells

Visit site
Thanks all!

shires don’t seem to fit her around the chest!? Have ordered and Ruggles. Have never looked at them before - they have some amazing rugs at such good prices, thanks for the recommendations. May have to have the parcels sent else where, if they’re as good as they look and I order more!

NLPM

Visit site
I have a few of the Shires ones; they're really useful rugs.

Amazon is often a good place to get them cheaply and very quickly, but they're not so good at the moment. There are lots of Horseware and Bucas rugs on there but I think most start at 5'6'' at the moment. Worth checking back if you're not in a rush.

Shires is on at £49 incl. delivery https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Shires-T...=50g+turnout&qid=1578601264&sr=8-2&th=1&psc=1

Bucas - £125
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/BUCAS-Tu...urnout+bucas&qid=1578601349&sr=8-1&th=1&psc=1

And Gallop £38 if you want one that will arrive tomorrow.
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Gallop-T...eywords=50g+turnout+5'3&qid=1578601411&sr=8-1

Chappie

Visit site
I'm looking for a 50g rug too - very tempted by the Weatherbeeta Comfitec one as its 1200d but also considering the Gallop 50g, as they are good rugs for the price. They both seem available in 5ft 3.

Cleopatra90

Visit site
I'm looking for a 50g rug too - very tempted by the Weatherbeeta Comfitec one as its 1200d but also considering the Gallop 50g, as they are good rugs for the price. They both seem available in 5ft 3.

I would go for the weatherbeeta. I have a 100g and 200g and they are really good quality. The gallop rug I had was rubbish!

Chappie

Visit site
Thanks, I think I will - not an urgent purchase so can set some money aside and hopefully get it soon. I bought my loan cob pretty much every kind of rug he would need in 5ft 6 the first couple of years I had him; I find Shires are good for him, I shopped around for deals so got great bargains but hes changed shape since being in work and is now more like 5ft 9. Thanks mainly to the info on the forum, I'm now using lighter weight rugs and 50g would be very useful. He's not out 24/7 so the 1200d isn't a must, but a plus, and it is rather rumbustious group turnout; I've been met by the site of a couple of wrecked rugs before, so considered the Gallop rug for those reasons. I do like a good quality rug though! ?