Shoppers- wierd wonderful & unusual headcollars

mini-eventer

Visit site
Basicly I have always had nice leather headcollars for my boys.

However I am now on a large yard with 50+ horses mine are both on part livery and understandably things like headcollars occasionally get mixed up between horses. Especially your plain leather or plain webbing headcollars.

What I would like is two VERY distinct headcollars I there are a few flourescent ones about and aerborn cusion web types. So what I really would like is something patterened.

They are both for boys and I have a budget of £15 max.

Although not patterend I quite like this. But it is a little out my budget
41WPUfFzoJL._AA300_.jpg

or I quite fancy something trible or red indian style but I cant find anything...

so i know how amazing your shoppers are...

Can I have some suggestions please!

SaharaS

Visit site
...or...brass engraved name plates on your headcollars? very simply done & look VERY smart then no one can EVER buy the same as your flashy new 'unique' ones....if you go on your local area/county horsey FB page, I am sure you will find a saddler happy to help, they do NOT have to be brass either..another place is an engraving stand at most big horse shows/country shows..South or England/Bath & West or any event that has trade stands..also if the plates are removed they would damage the headcollar so pointless pinching it!quick buff with a microfibre cloth & you won't even need the Brasso:)

ABC

Visit site
On ebay there is someone who sells personalised headcollars, with your horses name sewed into the noseband or the cheek pieces, depending on what you want. I think they are £9.50 each and look quite nice :)

mini-eventer

Visit site
Oh my life!!!!!! I can't do it! surely there are more tasteful unique headcollars than that????

I quite like
1350_1793__82584.jpg

or

diamond-breakaway-headcollar.jpg

not quite as hideous but are they distinctive enough???

Shantara

Visit site
I find personalised is the only way to go. I bought Ned one with his name on...it stayed on him untill it broke. I bought him a plain red one...I found it on several different horses and now it's lost (Only cost me £1.99 in a sale though, not tooo bothered!)

madeleine1

Visit site

Enfys

Visit site
tack%20new%205.jpg

http://www.pleasantridge.ca/tack new 5.jpg

Some bright ones here, and blingy too. No good for you, unless you want one sent over, but it might give you some ideas.

Everyone on my yard buys their tack at the same store (it being the only one for about 100 miles) and they all have leather halters. A couple have the blingy ones, I am reduced to putting electric tape on them with the names written on it. My own halters (identical plain leather ones) have names painted on the cheekpiece - a bit beach donkeyish, but at least I am know which are mine.

Leather with a difference!

pg%2097%20-%20halters.jpg

Last edited:

POLLDARK

Visit site
Check out the 'Reduced' basket at your local dealers. All the garish/unusual headcollars they can't sell will be there ! I've just bought a webbing headcollar with bright pink florescent strips for the New Forest, only £3.0. He doesn't know & I don't care what it looks like it does the job.