Shopping - driving harnesses

Lacuna

Visit site
Any recommendations on to where to find a reasonably priced driving harness for a 14hh cob with a broad back and a chunky head?

Tried a friend's cob-sized synthetic on him and the saddle gave virtually no wither clearance and was squeezing in behind his shoulders. However all the rest of the straps were pretty much the right size, although i also felt that the bridle was also too smallharness.jpg

Nudibranch

Visit site
I would look on the various facebook groups, preloved, etc, for a second hand but decent brand like Zilco. There is too much variation in cheap harness. I admit to buying a cheapo one recently just for getting my youngster started. I had to send it straight back...nothing fit like it was supposed to.

I bought a lovely complete cob sized Tedman (older now but lovely stuff) for £75 on Preloved. I'd offer to sell it but I still use it for my Fell....but there is good used stuff out there!

Ps if anyone is looking to sell a similar but in full size I'd be very interested!!!

Pikachu

Visit site
My mum drives and I‘m pretty sure she went to Bennington who will do a mix and match on some of the zilco harnesss as the 12.2hh ponies have bits of Shetland and Cob in their “pony” harnesses. Think she gave them the measurements and they worked it out.

Not sure on the reasonable price bit though but might be worth enquiring.

Tarragon

Visit site
Try Dragon Driving, once you know what you are looking for.
I use Zilco harness but, apart from the bridle, it has all been bought second hand in bits and pieces. My Exmoor pony needed a weird combination of Cob and pony sized parts.