Shopping help please; tall boots, short height with fully laced front

flat3

Visit site
I'm looking for tall boots (proper riding boots, not country boots) in short height with fully laced front (functional laces, not just decorative).

It doesn't seem like it should be impossible but I'm struggling to find any! Even the brands usually good for height options like Shires and Brogini are failing me. Apparently short height and fully laced don't go together 😕

Can anyone help?

Orange Pony

New User
Visit site
I'm looking for tall boots (proper riding boots, not country boots) in short height with fully laced front (functional laces, not just decorative).

It doesn't seem like it should be impossible but I'm struggling to find any! Even the brands usually good for height options like Shires and Brogini are failing me. Apparently short height and fully laced don't go together 😕

Can anyone help?
Hello - I've just bought these https://www.randrcountry.com/footwe...-horse-sovereign-high-rider-boots--brown__472 in short narrow. I'm 5' 2" and petite. They fit perfectly and super comfortable. I tried Ariat as well as I love them, but even the short were too tall. Good luck!

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
You can always get boots adjusted.

I used AB Leather (facebook) to make alterations and the work was excellent. She can reduce the height, adjust the width, change the shape of the top etc.
Thanks OandL, I have a lovely pair of Ariat bargain sale purchase that I’d resigned to never wearing as too long and won’t fall as much as needed; will get them shortened! Don’t do FB but they have a website 🙂

flat3

Visit site
Hello - I've just bought these https://www.randrcountry.com/footwe...-horse-sovereign-high-rider-boots--brown__472 in short narrow. I'm 5' 2" and petite. They fit perfectly and super comfortable. I tried Ariat as well as I love them, but even the short were too tall. Good luck!
Thank you, but I'm after fully laced fronts so they're adjustable. I have a mangled ankle from a riding accident so have a permanently fat ankle and reduced calf muscle on that leg, and then a normal sized ankle and extra strong (chunky!) calf muscle on the other leg. Finding long boots to fit is a challenge already and then to top it off I'm 5'1 🙄

Auslander

Visit site
I have these - which I bought because they go much taller than most off the peg - but looking at the size guide, they have short options too. They're nice looking boots - not the most premium quality, but I wouldnt expect it at the price!

Last edited:

teapot

Visit site
Ariat Heritage Contours - the laces can be tightened around the ankle and come in a short length

Or do you mean laces from top to bottom?