Short yard boot recommendations

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Can anybody recommend some inexpensive short yard/work type boots?
Not for riding but just for general horsey/sheepy related mucking about on the yard. I’m thinking a steel toe as I’m fed up of being trodden on by sheep. Not necessarily waterproof as I’ll be using them over the dryer months (if we get any), but a bonus if they are. Must have a good tread on them. Absolutely not the rubbery/plasticy capsule type boots as they rub my ankles raw!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
What about some leather rubber sole dealer boot type thing?

I bought my oh a pair to do gardening in and he loves them and I used to buy the Dr Marten ones that are similar but more expensive for when I did yard work.

I got his on ebay for about £40.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
What about some leather rubber sole dealer boot type thing?

I bought my oh a pair to do gardening in and he loves them and I used to buy the Dr Marten ones that are similar but more expensive for when I did yard work.

I got his on ebay for about £40.
Yeah that’s the sort of thing I’m thinking! Thanks will have a look.
I used to get my dad the dickies boots so had a look for some myself but they’ve gone all fashionable and don’t seem to do them anymore?! 🤣

IrishMilo

Visit site
After multiple pairs of Ariats splitting on me I bought a cheap pair of Bow and Arrow ones and they were more comfy and lasted about 4 years!

Peglo

Visit site
I wear buckler boots at work. They are steel toe caps. I choose pull ons as I’m too lazy for lacers but there are lots of options to choose from and they are comfy enough for a day on my feet. they last pretty good and I’ve never gotten wet feet until I’ve worn through the sole.

These are the ones I wear.

teapot

Visit site
What about a decent pair of walking boots?

I would say Ariat but their leather quality is awful these days - I have a short pair for every day errands, not sure I'd want them near horses.

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
I have a pair of redback boots for work. They’re doing well so far, they get worn all day and get their fair share of abuse/wet/mud etc.

They’re holding up well so far and still waterproof! I’ll put my hands up and say I could take better care of them, I’ve had this pair 6mo and I think they’ve been cleaned with leather cleaner maybe once? The rest of the time it’s a hose or not at all 😅

maisie06

Visit site
Can anybody recommend some inexpensive short yard/work type boots?
Not for riding but just for general horsey/sheepy related mucking about on the yard. I’m thinking a steel toe as I’m fed up of being trodden on by sheep. Not necessarily waterproof as I’ll be using them over the dryer months (if we get any), but a bonus if they are. Must have a good tread on them. Absolutely not the rubbery/plasticy capsule type boots as they rub my ankles raw!
Screwfix sell ladies safety boots from £30 upwards, very hard wearing and comfy