Should I be annoyed?

harvgj19

Visit site
Ok, so my horse is on loan at the moment whilst I settled in to my new life in the USA. I insure him, but the girl who loans him pays the extra to have him covered for Hunting and XC as she wanted to do it. The difference is about 30 quid a year.

The other day I got an email from the insurance company asking me to sign a claim form, as loaner had sent one in for re-imbursement of veterinary fees! As I am the owner and the payor of the policy, I have to submit the claim forms!

I knew Harv had had a couple of Vet's visits, but she has never told me of any major problem, nor has my friend who's yard she is on.

Should I be annoyed that she has gone behind my back and tried to claim from MY insurance policy?

Tia

Visit site
If it was me.......I wouldn't sign it. And I wouldn't send it back either LOL! I would tell your loan person to pay for it herself as if I recall the amount is just under your excess amount?

JM07

Visit site
if you are suspicious, ask your vet/ins co to fax over any information.

you can then see what is being claimed for....or not!!

GTs

Visit site
TBH having horses so far away I would create as few waves as possible - cause it is 1,000,000 times more difficult to manage so far away. I say if he is being taken reasonable (I would not even extend it to good) you are getting by pretty good.

harvgj19

Visit site
I know what the vets treatment was for, but I do not know the exact amount. When I last talked to her, it was under my excess amount, and I told her this. It is possible it has gone up a little as I know of at least one more visit has occured since we first mentioned it, but I had told her I did not want to claim on the insurance, and she has gone behind my back and a) got a claim form from the insurance company and b) signed it herself and sent it in without telling me!

harvgj19

Visit site
GT's I know what you are saying, but I am going home in 4 weeks time to hopefully resolve the situation once and for all.
frown.gif

emma69

Visit site
I'd be annoyed to say teh least. What is the agreement on who pays the excess? if it is you, I can understand why she would want to claim, as other wise she is out that amount, if it is her, then it is downright cheeky! I still think she did the wrong thing going behind your back, and would tell her that. I also wouldn't be in any hurry to sign the forms if it were me... If there isn't anything in your loan agreement, I would add an adendum to stop it happening again.

mickey

Visit site
I think you need to have a good chat. I think she should have discussed with you first as you are the policy holder.

harvgj19

Visit site
To be honest Emma, I have had enough of the whole loan idea. It is too hard this far away. When he was with my friend it was fine, but it has been one thing after another since this girl took him on. I really think that when I go home in April I will sell him.
frown.gif

kirstyfk

Visit site
I think I would be annoyed really. But to be honest I think it would have been better for her to take out her own insurance. We normally have it in the loan agreement that we have to pay insurance. we just find it makes it all easier.

Cobland

Visit site
I would be mad too, however i totally agree with the others. When i got mae on loan i had to organise my own insurance, i wasnt allowed to take her until they knew i had the policy!

Wonder if she would be so quick to claim if it was her policy