Should I go see this horse?

Halfpass

Visit site
I posted yesterday about a horse i fancied looking at. He sounds lovely and just what I am looking for, a project to get my teeth into!! I can't ride for a while so as he has not had anything done with him it will mean I can start with ground work so the not being able to ride won't be a problem. The only problem I have that my lad is out on trial. He is 1.5 weeks into the 4 week trial and all is going well. I had decided not to see this horse until after the weekend as I am seeing my boy and should have a better feeling about how the trial will work out. I have explained this to the owner of the other horse and she has just rung me to say that she has people coming to see him at the weekend. My heart is telling me to go and see him but what if I love him and the trial on my boy does not work out? I can't afford the be stuck with 2 horses on the other hand I don't want to loose out on this boy as he is well within my price range and seems right. I have toyed with the idea of ringing the people that have my boy on trial to see what they say but don't want them to feel pressured each time I speak to them they never have a bad word to say but also don't give too much away.
Come on peeps help me out here I don't know what to do
confused.gif

vic07

Visit site
sorry, I wouldn't go until you are sure about what is happening with your lad. If it is meant to be it will be. I am such a sucker I would want new one and then be stuck if anything happened with one on loan!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I think it all boils down to how catastrophic it would be financially as well as emotionally to have 2 horses to look after... If you've got your own yard it might not be so bad, but imagine twice the livery/feed/shoeing/vet expenses!!
I think I would wait until I'm more confident how the trial with your own horse is going before going to see the new horse.

vic07

Visit site
I know. But with horses I always believe if it is meant to be it will be. Also I never believe there is a buying race on.

Halfpass

Visit site
I could do it as I have done it before and as a student so its doable short term BUT as I can't ride (or shouldn't be) it will mean he just not having anything done. However since I have had him up for loan I have had so many calls about him I'm sure i'd find him a new home soon enough. Argh I am such a bad decision maker.
confused.gif

Halfpass

Visit site
No your right there isn't a race on and the what will be will be philosophy is normally mine too however I just can't stop thinking about this one and its doing my head in!!!