should i have said somthing??

seaofdreams

Visit site
or would you have said somthing?

we have some people at our yard which i have to say i don't get involved with as i don't like the way they do things, they are known for not paying bills and there was a time were they hadn't been down to see there horses for ages, well i was up feeding my two girls tonight and they brought out there pony into the school, its a very sweet show type pony and the 10yr old puts it on the lunge and bless it, it went very sweetly with its head round, then the mother shouts at her to put the side reins on, by this time the kid is bored so shouts back to the mum "you do it" so in comes mum and puts the side reins on to the 3rd ring of a 3ring gag !, i had to look twice,
would you have said somthing ?
im very shy so didnt and also i could see mother turning round and screaming at me!
what should i have done ?
Hx

Tinkerbee

Visit site
that does sound a bit ridiculous, but i wouldnt have said anything...i like a quiet life!
blush.gif

k9h

Visit site
I doubt that if you had said something they would of listened & the pony would of ended up getting the brunt of it. Have a quite word with YO & see if they can do anything or at least monitor them.

Peanot

Visit site
I probably would have said something subtle like, "Ooops! I would put them on the snaffle ring as he is going so lovely, he probably doesn`t need them at all."
I can`t help myself with peeps on my yard, but only with the ones that regularly ask for my advice. There are some, that I just don`t bother saying anything to as they think they know best, until everything goes belly up. I feel sorry for these lovely horses and ponies who have to put up with ignorant owners.
It`s a tough decision to make.
crazy.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Best decision is to stay out of it until you're asked. Some people don't mind advive being given, others hate it & take it as interferance. If you feel really strongly, & your YO is approachable mention it to him. Possibly he may be able to say something, but becareful, because if he wasn't around when it happened they will know it has come from you.

Tia

Visit site
I would have said something in that instance....however I am always the YO! I rarely get involved with my boarders but if they have tack on incorrectly I cannot help myself but sort it for them LOL!!

I think if I was a livery I probably would have quietly said something too. I don't like to see horses in discomfort and I doubt I would have cared if the mother shouted at me.....of course this is all what I think I would have done as a livery.......so difficult to say for sure as I have been a livery yard owner for so long now.

vicm2509

Visit site
If it was me in your position I would have kept quiet aswell for the simple reason that she is likely to keep doing it anyway as she thinks she knows best. If i thought the peson would benefit from my comment i.e if they were a novice then I would offer advice.

I like people to tell me if im doing something wrong. Im forever asking other people opinions on things aswell. Like the other day another livery was watching me ride and said 'stop looking at the floor' as I was glad she said it as I didnt even realise. So I thanked her for telling me and asked her to comment on anything else she thought I could do better. If someone comments and I know im right I will justify why im doing it.

Your right though, some people do take it as an insult, especially when they think they know it all
smile.gif