Should I hit the panic button?

Caol Ila

Visit site
Breeder saw my wee video of me training Hermosa on Facebook. I have controlled my FB settings so she won't see any post I don't want her to.

Just don't want faff. I know she has rather firm ideas on how to raise foals -- don't do a lot to them (like halter break!!), wean them at a year, don't geld (we know how that ends). Needless to say, I will not be doing it her way.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Breeder saw my wee video of me training Hermosa on Facebook. I have controlled my FB settings so she won't see any post I don't want her to.

Just don't want faff. I know she has rather firm ideas on how to raise foals -- don't do a lot to them (like halter break!!), wean them at a year, don't geld (we know how that ends). Needless to say, I will not be doing it her way.

Yer, considering the state of your mare's feet and the fact she was accidentally pregnant when you got her, the breeder does seem a bit whack, and not in a good way.

Jellymoon

Visit site

I also have a friend who bought a pregnant mare without realising, told the previous owner, who got very funny about and claimed the foal was hers. Tried to take them both back. It was fine, as she didn’t have any rights over it, but it was hassle you don’t need. I wonder if it’s different as in this case the owns the stallions too....

He‘s gorgeous, and I’m very jealous! So pleased everything went well. Hermes was the god of roads and doorways (opening doorways for you that you didn’t realise you wanted opening !!! And he was the protector of travellers - Gypsies!!!! Lots of connections! i like that name too. Xx

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
She kept everyone on tenterhooks. Waited for us to call the vet at 9 am before having a wee colt at 9:05. Fired him out in less time than it took me to drive to the barn.

I’m giving them space so apologies for crap photos.
On his feet the first time at 10.

Image of his mum? Congratulations CI, I hope he helps heal your heart, new life is always special.

J&S

Visit site
As she mum) is so young you may not be near her for a few days. my foal from a 3 yr old was the only one on the farm you couldn't cuddle from day 1 but about a week later all was well and scratches enjoyed.

Spirit2021

Visit site
Yeah I agree with others I wouldn’t contact the breeder You don’t need the stress. My friend bought a mare turned out the horse was pregnant . When the foal was born she told the breeder. The breeder demented a massive amount of money. My friend ended up in court because the breeder tried to sue her but didn’t succeed thankfully. The women sound crazy I personally wouldn’t say anything to her especially if she thinks it’s okay for mares and stallions to be in a field together.

Abi90

Visit site
Congratulations!!! Another daylight birth!! You can joint Foal Mondays now too ?

I like Regalo as a name, could be Reggie for short

Caol Ila

Visit site
I really can't get past Hermes as the packaging company. A friend works for them, and they sound like horrible employers.

Trending towards Milagro de Yeso but not sure. I also like Inesperado but can't work out how to get Gypsum's name in there.

Trastada de Yeso.... Gypsum's practical joke.