Should I hit the panic button?

Roxylola

Visit site
Caso (assuming it's pronounced Kay-so) is a lovely stable name
I'd take a punt that it would be kah-so on the basis that casa is a soft a and Spanish tends not to change pronunciation rules the way English does.
Ultimately it doesn't really matter though you'll say it however you say it and it's a fabulous name

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I'd take a punt that it would be kah-so on the basis that casa is a soft a and Spanish tends not to change pronunciation rules the way English does.
Ultimately it doesn't really matter though you'll say it however you say it and it's a fabulous name

It is a soft a like casa.

Trouper

Visit site
Thank goodness she obliged today - don't think we could have taken much more. Amazing pictures of the birth and he does look like his Mum.
He also has a name , too - not bad for a day's work.
You'll have to get the zoom feature working on your phone if Mum won't let you near for a bit - we won't be able to go without daily pictures you do realise.:D:D

Caol Ila

Visit site
Little Caso and Hermosa are looking happy on my spy camera. That thing is ingenious.

The closest I've been to foalings was at my old barn in Colorado, and none were great.

Foal 1 would not stand and nurse, and this involved lots of vets, NG tubes, milking the mare, and faff. For like two days. She turned out alright in the end, but died at around age 8 or 9 due to laminitis-related complications. They couldn't seem to manage her weight. And these horses were dry-lotted (because Colorado), not on grass. Now I might suspect PSSM (does that exist in Arabs?), but no one knew much about that in the late-90s.

Foal 2 had an okay birth but from about a year old, he had recurring colic episodes that worsened as he got older. They treated him for ulcers, he went to the vet school, all sorts, but no cause was ever found. Eventually, he had to be put down, probably at age 6. They suspected he had some inherited defect in his GI tract.

Foal 3 (related to the other two) is still with us, but can't be ridden due to a locking stifle issue inherited from his father.

Foal 4 (unrelated...QH-warmbloodX) had issues with his legs not being straight and had to go into the vet school, maybe at a week old, and have casts put on his legs. He had on and off lameness issues for as long as I knew him.

The youngest of the four mares, however, was 17. That was the QH. The Arabs were in their early 20s. So that's a lousy sample.

Wishfilly

Visit site
He's gorgeous! I'm glad it all went reasonably smoothly.

I hope things continue to go as well for all of you. I loved the birth photos!

As a science teacher, I also love the inspiration for the name!

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
Dredging my memory there is well established case law that says the owner of the mare owns the foal. I knew someone who had a Blackpool carriage horse for the winter, she put it in foal to her own stallion and she never told the mares owner. She had the same mare back the following winter and the mare foaled with her. She weaned the foal before the mare was due to be returned but the mares owner was suspicious as the mare still had an udder. Long story short the person who had the foal did not have any title to it as she did not own the mare.