Should I hit the panic button?

Roxylola

Visit site
I imagine the half-brothers' DNA will not be on file.

Going back through FB photos and cross-checking with the breeder's website, baby daddy could be her sire, or one of three colts -- a (now) 3-year old and two (now) 2-year olds. Everyone was obviously a year younger when the deed was done. It's like one of those bad teen holiday movies, where the kids are just having tons of sex. High school was not like this for me, but clearly was for my horse.
Its pretty unlikely (but not totally impossible) that a yearling colt would have done the deed, they're still busy being babies at that age for the most part. I'd be inclined to think it would be the 3 year old or her sire as the most likely

photo_jo

Visit site
Its pretty unlikely (but not totally impossible) that a yearling colt would have done the deed, they're still busy being babies at that age for the most part. I'd be inclined to think it would be the 3 year old or her sire as the most likely
A few years ago now a yearling colt and two year old colt out in a field in the early part of the year succeeded-they were full brother and sister-the foal was called Incest!

Carmen6

Visit site
lol thats hilarious...im not familiar with spanish, but i really love cheese...i.d call my horse cheese, haloumi is a fab name ?

The saying of Caso ‘kah-so’ is beautifully mediterranean.

Aaaah, ok, I get it. I would still have been happy with Queso. :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All of my animals get named after food; it's the only way. There's currently a "Pretzel" and a "Sausage", to name but a few.

Annagain

Visit site
Aaaah, ok, I get it. I would still have been happy with Queso. :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All of my animals get named after food; it's the only way. There's currently a "Pretzel" and a "Sausage", to name but a few.
Maybe CI should consider Chorizo then :D.

Frumpoon

Visit site
Just a thought - the stud will be able to see this thread and quickly identify the situation/horse

There can't be that many PRE studs in Scotland....

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Just a thought - the stud will be able to see this thread and quickly identify the situation/horse

There can't be that many PRE studs in Scotland....
As little as possible has been put on here for searches.

They are likely going to find out anyway somehow via the grapevine.

They have no claim on the foal.

Caol Ila

Visit site
If they do, they do.

She's a very foal proud and anxious mum. The plan today was for the vet to do the IGG test, but she is being tricky to approach, much less catch, and as the foal seems fine, we decided it would do more harm than good to force the issue. If she got traumatized by being lassoed and then her baby manhandled, we would spend the rest of our lives chasing horses around a field. Thought it was more important to get her comfortable with us being around her and the foal. So that's what we did. After 30 minutes, she let me walk up to her and stroke her. She let me put the headcollar on after about 45 minutes. I spent another two hours hanging out with her, scratching her itchy spots, taking headcollar on and off. She wasn't keen on me touching Caso -- she would position herself between me and baby if he got too close.

Rinse and repeat tomorrow.

Any guesses on what colour he'll be?

IMG_0491.JPGIMG_0496.JPGIMG_0497.JPGIMG_0498.JPGIMG_0501.JPG