Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

E.B.Horses

New User
Visit site
I was thinking of joining Pony Club and I wanted to know if it's worth it. I've never been before and I've been getting my horse fit for it. I want to join because then I can make loads of horsey friends because most of my friends cant ride and are scared of horses ?. I really want to but I'm not sure. Should I?

D66

Visit site
Do you have transport or keep your pony near a centre? It is great fun if you can get to the rallies. Do your research on local branches and what they do because it can be hard to change branches once you have joined.

Sail_away

Visit site
There’s a lot of variation between the branches - I’ve really enjoyed being part of it, last year it was very helpful getting my green (in competition terms) horse out and about at rallies. The last 6 months, not so much, a lot of the rallies have been too far or aimed at younger members. Most things are below 90 with the exception of area training (which then got cancelled due to Covid). But that’s my branch - others will have more older competitive members and so will hold more competitions, or if that’s not what you’re looking for there will be other branches with different focuses.
I’d contact your branch before and just ask what rallies they do, how often they hold them, if you’re interested in competing then how often they hold shows or get teams for area shows.
I hope it works out, pony club can be really good fun.

E.B.Horses

New User
Visit site
There’s a lot of variation between the branches - I’ve really enjoyed being part of it, last year it was very helpful getting my green (in competition terms) horse out and about at rallies. The last 6 months, not so much, a lot of the rallies have been too far or aimed at younger members. Most things are below 90 with the exception of area training (which then got cancelled due to Covid). But that’s my branch - others will have more older competitive members and so will hold more competitions, or if that’s not what you’re looking for there will be other branches with different focuses.
I’d contact your branch before and just ask what rallies they do, how often they hold them, if you’re interested in competing then how often they hold shows or get teams for area shows.
I hope it works out, pony club can be really good fun.
Thank you ?! I will take your advise and call or trial before I become a member ???

Darbs

Visit site
Absolutely 100% yes. You will do things and meet people that would never have happened without Pony Club.

As others have said, there is variation between branches but my advice would be to join and throw yourself into it, you will not only get exposure to Pony Club activities, but make friends and end up doing things with them on horses outside of PC activities.

Whilst you haven't mentioned your location, of course you could be lucky enough to live around Worcester and Evesham which would then mean you could join by far the best branch in the whole country, Croome Hunt. (I may be slightly biased with that comment!).

E.B.Horses

New User
Visit site
Absolutely 100% yes. You will do things and meet people that would never have happened without Pony Club.

As others have said, there is variation between branches but my advice would be to join and throw yourself into it, you will not only get exposure to Pony Club activities, but make friends and end up doing things with them on horses outside of PC activities.

Whilst you haven't mentioned your location, of course you could be lucky enough to live around Worcester and Evesham which would then mean you could join by far the best branch in the whole country, Croome Hunt. (I may be slightly biased with that comment!).
Thank you, I think I am going to join pony club because all of these comments are very positive ??