Should I move yard

Horse2018

Visit site
I was thinking of moving yard because a lot of things are happening like people feeding my horse hard Feed without my permission. My horse is not getting turned out some days because of the the lack of fields and the yard owner is always criticizing me about my horse.

But the reason why I reluctant to move is because it only 15 mins away from my house it has 3 arenas with one being a indoor there are lots of places for hacking and they do a lot of competitions and lessons . Should I move yard or just stay were I am.

Green Bean

Visit site
I agree with conniegirl, your horse is your number one priority, just make sure before you move that you aren't swapping one bad situation for another.

sportsmansB

Visit site
I am moving my horse tomorrow from somewhere with the best facilities ever because he's not getting turned out and it is not good for his mental health.
You have to do what's right for your horse.

eggs

Visit site
If you are sure that your horse is being fed without permission and not being turned out then you should certainly move. If you are only hearing these things from other people without knowing for certain that they are true you should confirm first with the YM before deciding to move.

Great facilities are no use if your horse is being compromised.

Horse2018

Visit site
If you are sure that your horse is being fed without permission and not being turned out then you should certainly move. If you are only hearing these things from other people without knowing for certain that they are true you should confirm first with the YM before deciding to move.

Great facilities are no use if your horse is being compromised.
I know it because I saw it myself and I found hard feed in her stable and it’s the yard manger that feeding hard feed without my permission she nows Lexi doesn’t get hard feed. I have been told she is a trouble maker by the other workers and she takes it out on the horse when she annoyed with a person .

sunshine100*

Visit site
Move goodness knows whats happening to your horse.And do asap. if only horses could talk.just make sure next place has turnout and no mad YM!

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Ive just moved to a yard with “worse” facilities but both my mare and I are 100x happier. She’s out more and I’ve taken full control of how she is managed and she’s doing much better for it.

As others have said, I’d rather school a happy pony round a field than a sad one round an Olympic standard school.

Tinsel

Visit site
I am moving my horse tomorrow from somewhere with the best facilities ever because he's not getting turned out and it is not good for his mental health.
You have to do what's right for your horse.
I hope the move has gone well the yard you left sounds like a great one hope his mental health is okay now

Leandy

Visit site
For me, it would depend on (a) what the alternatives are and how well you know that the alternative will actually turn out to be better and (b) whether you have exhausted attempts to get on a better footing with the yard manager at the current one and get the service you want. Is this just general miscommunication, in which case presumably it can be sorted out, or is it something deeper that cannot be resolved? It sounds as though you and the yard differ on how your horse should be kept. Have you tried to tackle the issues? How long have you been there? Do you fit in with the other liveries? Do they have similar concerns or are they happy?