Should I take the partition out?

Mabel98

Visit site
My new 3.5 ton box has a full height solid partition but my horse is not travelling as well as she did in my Ifor trailer. She is fine until going around corners when she scrabbles and bangs. She is happy to load and is not sweaty or distressed on arrival. Should I try without the partition? i will only ever travel her on her own anyway. Could it be because she can't spread her legs? I could have rubber put on the lower half of the partition but that is more expense which I want to avoid if possible...... She is facing backwards so could it be that?
Or do I persevere as she has only travelled in it a couple of times.
Would it be safe without the partition?

Thanks everyone!

Drummer

Visit site
I have taken the partition out of our lorry, my boy does travel well anyway but is certainly a lot happier backwards and without the partion. Saves on a bit of weight too. My friend used to travel hers the same and suggested it to me. We are shopping for a new one soon and I will do the same with that.

bliss87

Visit site
yes its because she cant spread her legs to balance, this is the problem we had when we got out lorry we had always travelled on boxes with half partitions so the big boy could spread his legs when he travelled but him in the same size stool on out lorry with partitions to the floor and he could bearly stand once we'd widened them up so he could spread his legs he was fine

Mabel98

Visit site
Ok, thanks everyone for the reassurance. I will take it out and give it a go. I can always change the partition to half-rubber later on if I need to.