Should Paul McCartney sing at the closing ceremony?

Can you bear to listen to McCartney again?

• Total voters

Slightly Foxed

Visit site
Noooooo! My brother's singing at the closing ceremony as a member of the London Welsh Rugby Choir and they've been told they'll be singing with a 'Welsh legend' (it's a secret) so hoping it's Tom or Shirls!!

Archiesmummy

Visit site
Nonononononononono ... IMO he has never had a good voice and should have retired when the Beatles broke up. I am sure he is a very nice man but that don't make you a good singer. Too many people are sentimental about him. Let a much younger, up and coming gifted singer perform and Paul take a background seat - he has an academy doesn't he, surely he has some good singers he could recommend.

Raven Dane

Visit site
A friend who went to the Jubilee concert, said her family were not the only ones heading home when Paul McCartney took to the stage, perhaps that is why he is booked, to make sure the event starts clearing and people can get the last trains home. He was always over-rated, his songs mediocre and his voice weak. He had his time in the Beatles.

Visit site
I grew up in Tom Jones era, and if we have to have an OAP he can at leaststill sing. Please not Shirley Bassey either. Defo not Paul Mc