Should she have been competing?

niagaraduval

Visit site
I was at a showjumping show (bsja). I saw a mare who was being ridden by a young woman. I noticed her tied to the lorry she was so pretty, so I went and watched her competing. When the mare was tied to the lorry she had two very sore red marks on her sides. Obvious spur use. Whilst she was competing her sides were now bleeding whilst the young woman riding her was spuring her on, in the same place constantly. Her sides were all bleeding.. it was horrible. I was going to say something to the judges, but I didn't. Should she have been competing like that?

Nailed

Visit site
She would have been eliminated more than likely if the judge had guts and you had informed them.. I justed to judge write and saw a couple of riders eliminated for similar things.

Lou x

Smash

Visit site
No, but if the judges have no balls and no one stands up and actually complains then she'll be left to carry on.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I've seen judges call riders to the box following abuse of the whip. They possibly didn't see the sides of the horse clearly, very often they are quite a distance from the actual riders.

Can you make your signature smaller please...it's taking the text right off the screen
frown.gif

jacksmum

Visit site
I was watching a big class at Olympia and the first horse in was white/grey and had blood all on its side from spurs. Nothing was done and it ruined my enjoyment of a big event
frown.gif

BankEndRescue

www.bankendequinerescue.com
next time you see something like this then speak up. It's abuse plain and simple and she ought to have been disqualified without a doubt. I jump BSJA and I don't even carry a whip, if a rider is not expereinced enough to know how to use spurs then they shouldn't be riding with them

skewbaldpony

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I was watching a big class at Olympia and the first horse in was white/grey and had blood all on its side from spurs. Nothing was done and it ruined my enjoyment of a big event
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Show jumping class?

saddle

www.dragonflysaddlery.co.uk
Definitely speak up!! Many years ago a friend & I were watching an Advanced DTM & one horse was bleeding from the spur marks, we did speak up & as a result the rider was dropped from their national team & the RSPCA agreed to make random calls on Dr comps in future. I still feel sick when I think of it, but very glad we did something about it!

Puppy

Visit site
No! Certainly not!!
mad.gif
Complain!!

I complained when competing at the weekend as another rider showjumped in the class, against the rules, did so with with a schooling whip
mad.gif
Speak up!! I did,;) and the rider was deservingly disallowed
smirk.gif
tongue.gif