Show jackets that aren't bum skimmers?

rosiesowner

Visit site
My jacket, while lovely, has always been a little bit sort on me and is more of a bum-skimmer style. It looked fine when I had my stirrups short to jump but now we just dressage, it looks very short. I've also put on a bit of weight in the last two years so it's a bit tight!

So, basically I'm looking for a jacket that will come a bit longer and cover more of my behind... Don't have the biggest budget and though I drool over the flying changes jackets I'm not in the position to buy one at the mo. I am certainly not against bling and would love to find a grey or olive/khaki green jacket as a change from the navy if such a thing exists. If not, navy will do :p I've attached a photo for anyone who hasn't seen it in the weekend plans thread to illustrate my point. This jacket is the shires sport Sloane.
46949305_1099540680205578_9120819943087013888_o.jpg

Fiona

Visit site
Ohh that's way too short for me :(

I have a lovely Tredstep jacked, which is fitted, softshell showerproof, and yet has a flattering cut that does not expose one's backside.

I did get it in a sale, but even full price they weren't expensive.

Its plain navy.

I will see if I can upload a pic later.

Fiona

ironhorse

Visit site
Pikeur used to do one called the Diana that was longer...not cheap but very good quality; you might find one on ebay.
I also had a lovely one made by Barbour but as I'm short in the body it was just a tiny bit too long. Great shame because it was beautiful lightweight wool.

Fiona

Visit site
I also have a Pikeur Diana, but was guessing OP wanted one of the modern materials.

Its a lovely jacket though, I found mine again recently, and while its 25+ years old, it still looks amazing.

Fiona

sportsmansB

Visit site
I also have a Pikeur Diana, must be 10 years old, still comes up like new after a dry clean.
I find it too long to jump in but it looks great for dressage.

rosiesowner

Visit site
Ohh that's way too short for me :(

It's crazy short, isn't it! I could get away with it a bit more when I was slimmer but now think it doesn't flatter me at all! Shame really as it's a really comfy jacket.

I am looking for modern materials and a bit of stretch but did google the Diana. Is it what this happy lady is wearing?
m540p1_42.jpg

If so it's smart but I'm looking for something with sleeves that are a bit more fitted... Good lord I am picky!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I have the fairplay bea, not too short on me and comes in grey, but it is a cutaway... Though I think they do a none cutaway jacket too, plus they don't cost the earth.

Length at the back:
18581640_641015012751029_8246091883982034224_n.jpg

Though it can woosh up a bit when you go really fast :p:
26231423_743280875857775_6814001013636549220_n.jpg

They are on the small size so if between sizes go up, I'm between 8-10 and got a 10 which is spot on as I don't mind them snug :).

only_me

Visit site
I'd recommend the pikeur diana as well, if you want it more fitted in arms could get it taken in a bit?

I think a lot of the fitted new material jackets are short though

Roxylola

Visit site
I have a Diana - it's years old and still lovely and smart, it's warm in winter as well being wool. However, I don't like the fact that I end up sitting on the flaps at the back. When I got it there wasn't the choice that there is now and given the choice again I'd go for something much shorter.
I'd recommend riding in something longer length if you can before you commit to buying one!

oldie48

Visit site
Pikeur used to do one called the Diana that was longer...not cheap but very good quality; you might find one on ebay.
I also had a lovely one made by Barbour but as I'm short in the body it was just a tiny bit too long. Great shame because it was beautiful lightweight wool.
I have just decided to sell myDiana as it is too big for me and I don't intend to grow into it again. It really is a lovely jacket but looking at your pic I think it would be far too big for you, it's a 16.

Orangehorse

Visit site
Good lord, I hate those bum-exposing things! They don't look good on anyone, not even the teenagers. Pikuer do still make some decent longer coats, or try a hunting style?

Me too. I think it looks as though the person has grown out of them, like a child trying to fit into last year's clothes. All mine are much longer, but then they are 30 years old. Moral - they do last.

alainax

Visit site
1F8C3419-3A75-496E-BDAB-84EEC4A1002B.jpegI wear a black vest top underneath to avoid this. My pet hate! No one needs to see my big bum in white or cream 🙈

It quite subtle. In this pic you can see the jacket had flew up, but no white bum 🙂

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Good lord, I hate those bum-exposing things! They don't look good on anyone, not even the teenagers. Pikuer do still make some decent longer coats, or try a hunting style?

They look like the bum freezers that show pony lead rein and 1st ridden jockeys often wear 😂

I prefer the lines of twin vented jackets if well cut, my Mears and Weatherill jackets are eons old but (when am on slightly slimmer mode) still look timeless and fit well :)

Muddywellies

Visit site
I just don't understand where this latest fashion for short jackets has come from. They just simply look 'too short'.
I have a Pikeur Diana and the lesser known Doreen but they are both traditionally cut, very smart, and I love them.

rosiesowner

Visit site
Thank you for your suggestions everyone, it never used to look quite as short as it wasn't also accommodating my expanding waist line. Though the extra weight is giving me an excuse to shop for a new riding wardrobe so I can't complain!

here's a pic back in 2016 when i was a small size 8 on top so it didn't look as bad, i'm now a big 10 so have changed a lot.
15941022_699283593564624_3712559418873538967_n.jpg

NZJenny

Visit site
I gave up looking and had one made. Apart from being tall, which makes them even shorter, am also on the other side of 50 and the world does not need to see my bum encased in white breeches!