Show Jump courses to hire in Northumberland and surrounding area

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Due to the winter and lockdown of local venues I really need to get some practice in, schooling rather than competing. Can anyone suggest somewhere that is open and hires out the arena with a full set of jumps in? don't mind if I need to use there instructor.

leflynn

Visit site
Angerton Steads open at the minute, High Plains, Todburn, West Park Equestrian, Stonechester, Park End and Ivesely (?) come to mind

Leamside too

Last edited:

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Great, hadn't thought of Angerton or High Plains. Do they leave a course up at Park End?
The others are a bit far but will keep in mind case I am desperate. Hope things return to normal soon.

leflynn

Visit site
I don't think they keep a course up at Park End, but worth an ask?

Lane Farm are due to make another announcement on their closure/re opening as the show cross was going ahead there this weekend, but looks to be cancelled due to lack of entries. We're off to Angerton at the weekend as our jumping paddock isn't quite open yet and desperate for practice!

leflynn

Visit site
I don't think they keep a course up at Park End, but worth an ask?

Lane Farm are due to make another announcement on their closure/re opening as the show cross was going ahead there this weekend, but looks to be cancelled due to lack of entries. We're off to Angerton at the weekend as our jumping paddock isn't quite open yet and desperate for practice!

Scratch lane Farm off, closed due to strangles on there now :(

Goldenstar

Visit site
Sickening isn't it ,
I was hoping to finally get the self harming one to a clinic next week I fear it will be cancelled .

angelish

Visit site
Any idea which yard angelish?

i can't say as yet as they want to get results before they announce anything but when they get results ill PM you
they are being sensible and have locked down just don't want it made public just yet till they know for sure

its turning into a nightmare ,i'm in no hurry to get out and about this year but really feel for anyone trying to get ready for early events
ill be happy if i get out in june but would have been round the bend if i had entries in march

leflynn

Visit site
i can't say as yet as they want to get results before they announce anything but when they get results ill PM you
they are being sensible and have locked down just don't want it made public just yet till they know for sure

its turning into a nightmare ,i'm in no hurry to get out and about this year but really feel for anyone trying to get ready for early events
ill be happy if i get out in june but would have been round the bend if i had entries in march

Thanks I hope its not positive and totally appreciate where they are coming from after some of the recent scaremongering...

we're playing it cautious with entering as everything is falling by the wayside atm, I'm glad we have good hacking or I'd be going stir crazy!!

Mistatiger

Visit site
Depends on what I have been teaching over at Park End Vodkagirly as to what is up in the arena. But just email if I can help as not on here that much. Cx