Show jump trainers worc/glouc area

Charlie-M

www.jumpoff.co.uk
Does anyone know of any good show jump trainers in worcester/gloucestershire area? We live near malvern so aorund that area-ish? Our current trainer is in staffordshire so just too far too travel more than once a month!
any ideas? :)

Charlie-M

www.jumpoff.co.uk
preferably travel, we only have a field to ride in and its too wet in the winter to jump much, we have the use of a menage down the road for flat lessons but not jump as they don't have any jumps there.

Has anyone heard of Roland fernhough (sorry don't think thats his correct last name!) someone mentioned him to me today?

buddly

Visit site
hi
have heard different opinions on roland but i have never had a lesson with him so can't really coment even though we are only about 10 mins away!!... we have fred burgendorff come down to our yard n teach he is the swedish show jumper who did some of the insructing on only fools on horses i can give u his number if u like he is not cheap but is very good.

dieseldog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
preferably travel, we only have a field to ride in and its too wet in the winter to jump much, we have the use of a menage down the road for flat lessons but not jump as they don't have any jumps there.

Has anyone heard of Roland fernhough (sorry don't think thats his correct last name!) someone mentioned him to me today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Emma123 used to have lessons with him.

SpottedCat

Visit site
I was going to say Roland or Ali Fernyhough - I have had a lesson with Roland, he is very, very good and I do rate him, only reason I did not go back is my lorry died and I started having lessons with Bill Levett (who trains with Roland) and who is also very good but has more of an 'eventer' slant on things which suits me!

Roland is very straight talking, and do not be surprised to not jump very much whilst he sorts everything else out! Ali comes with a reputation for being somewhat 'nicer' to her pupils and is often recommended for younger riders if it is felt they may not cope with Roland.

I would deffo go back - he has awesome facilities, and really does know his stuff - I saw a massive improvement in just one lesson. Like anything it's if the style of teaching suits you - it did suit me! Worth a try as not horrendously expensive if you don't get on with him.

Bill Levett is in Chipping Campden and also has great facilities but is away for about six weeks from sometime soon so not sure you'd have much joy before Xmas with him? I can highly recommend Bill too.

SpottedCat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine used to use Roland, she said he was brilliant, but terrified her! so not for the faint hearted LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds accurate
grin.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
lol!! I'm quite scared now I think my mum's booked a lesson with him for thursday! thanks everyone :)

[/ QUOTE ]

He is really good, let us know how it goes! His words to me were - good job you've bought that to event, it'll do the job perfectly. I'f you'd bought it to SJ I'd tell you to sell it!

In fact if I had any cash ATM I'd go back to him as could do with a top-up lesson whilst Bill is away, and he is sooooo close.

Emma123

Visit site
I trained with him for about 6 years
blush.gif
! Very straight talking..I think he'd suit you Charlotte (I went on JO by the way!)

School is massive...I have a video if you want to see the facilities!

He get's all the basics right and definitly helps sort out any problems
smile.gif