Show Jumping Rules Quick Question

Tamarisk

New User
Visit site
I am just about to embark on my first show for over 10 years, can't wait!

I have purchased a BSJA rule book but in the interim can anyone just answer a couple of questions as I believe the rules have changed since I last competed?

How many refusals before you get eliminated? (OK I have to think positively but I need to know just in case!)
If you fall off is that elimination? Again not planning to but...

Thanking in advance!!

Emma123

Visit site
Two and yes it is
smile.gif

MandyMoo

Visit site
2 refusals. on the 2nd refusal is elimination - and when you fall it is also elimination. when you are eliminated you are always allowed to jump a single fence before you leave the arena

good luck! and i hope you dont get eliminated!
grin.gif
xx

Dizzykizzy

Visit site
Not disagreeing with you Mandy but we were judging unaffiliated last weekend and when someone fell off I offered them a chance to remount and jump another fence.
A few minutes later someone came to the box and said this is incorrect, they are not allowed to remount at all in case they have an injury.
I would like to know the correct rule on this.

MandyMoo

Visit site
no worries
laugh.gif
haha, i meant after 2 refusals you can jump another fence, but if you fall off you cannot jump another fence. i was going by bsja rules...as i thought the question was aimed at bsja rules?

i think that most unaff venues do what they like about that kindof thing? they aren't too strict, they are usually more accepting and forgiving for rider errors so are more likley to allow remounting
smile.gif
xx

Dizzykizzy

Visit site
Thanks for clarifying Mandy, we were supposedly judging to BSJA rules as well so I guess the person was correct though I had been told differently before we started.

Elle1085

Visit site
bsja rules say you can't get back on never mind jump another fence until the next class or as soon as you get out of the ring, although unaffilliated if the riders obviously fine most places would let you get back on i would've thought

Tamarisk

New User
Visit site
Thanks for the answers everyone. Now I just have to focus on not falling off and not having ANY refusals!

Fortunately I have a confidence giving lovely boy who loves jumping to look after me!