Video Show jumping vid thoughts

Starbucks

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone would watch my round and if you think it’s about the right rhythm? She can get a bit fiery and I can get a bit hunting style! But not too bad here? Any tips?

sorry about poor quality vid. It’s all my mum can manage!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
It looks fine. Your rhythm varies at times from a bit short to a bit long but overall it’s fine and I wouldn’t be too worried. You look like you both need bigger fences now.

Starbucks

Visit site
Thanks LEC. I actually went in the smaller class and she was so ring shy and spooking at everything. I thought worth getting her out and about again before challenging ourselves! Hoping to do a BN in the next month or so.

paddi22

Visit site
yeah lovely round, I'd say a bigger course she respects more would do her no harm. there's a few times that you and her just seem to agree on firing at the last three strides, so a more consistent rhythm would help. there's a few times you can see her rushing and you tip forward a bit, so she has more control than you those times. it looks like you need to make the call earlier in your head whether you are going for three short strides or three long ones from further out and ride that decision instead and be consistent in the stride length instead of having to make the decision a stride before the fence. I agree that she's finding it a bit too easy and a bigger course might be more rideable, but looking good!

Starbucks

Visit site
Thanks for your reply paddi. We can tend to get more on the firing in side when the fences go up a bit so I think I just need to work on keeping my cool, sit up and keep a nice even rhythm, not letting her rush.

paddi22

Visit site
it's hard to see in the video on my phone, but in the third jump you look like you have the perfect mix of your control and the power in the canter. you are sitting back and deep and she is responding really well.

BunnyDog

Visit site
I'm sure others need to hear this so let me say it clearly for all.

Turn the phone so you're shooting with it horizontal. Hold with 2 hands to keep steady. If you can manage (some can't) Zoom on the horse and rider when they're further away.

There. Now that that is out of the way, first off it's a fine rhythm. I know how hard it can be to find someone to video but do try to instill them to turn the phone horizontal so those watching can see the picture.

The mare doesn't look spicy at all compared to some. I thought it was a lovely round. But then even on a desktop with 2 larges screens, I couldn't make the details out very well.

Do you have any others of you two for comparison?

Em

Starbucks

Visit site
I'm sure others need to hear this so let me say it clearly for all.

Turn the phone so you're shooting with it horizontal. Hold with 2 hands to keep steady. If you can manage (some can't) Zoom on the horse and rider when they're further away.

There. Now that that is out of the way, first off it's a fine rhythm. I know how hard it can be to find someone to video but do try to instill them to turn the phone horizontal so those watching can see the picture.

The mare doesn't look spicy at all compared to some. I thought it was a lovely round. But then even on a desktop with 2 larges screens, I couldn't make the details out very well.

Do you have any others of you two for comparison?

Em

thanks - I’ll pass on the advise to my mother but I’m not sure it will help! It’s a miracle she managed to get any video.. she’s not good with these things!