Show me a horse with near perfect conformation :)

dominobrown

Visit site
Firstly I agree with some of you about legs. Limbs are all important!! ( I think some of the stallions are bit out behind and agree about the herring gutted one)
Also the conformation 'rules' are basically the same, e.g good proportions not matter what breed, good limbs etc.
DressageFjordNorman- your're harsh! Your mare isn't that bad! :)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Sorry, I've not looked into every pic fully, so I could be wrong.... but are all the horses that have been posted so far Warmbloods? I don't believe that it's only WB's that can have good confo.

I like this Arab
Legions1202.jpg

this TB
Horse_Lammtarra-big.jpg

and this Welsh C
lotto%20small%201.jpg

Sorry, I cannot find a side on pic of him. :(

It's taken me so long to find pics that there's probably loads of photos of other breeds posted now! Oh well, nevermind. :D

Enfys

Visit site
Does it not also, to some degree, depend on the actual breed specifications?

You could put up what Quarter Horse afficionados think of as near perfect and compared with some others they wouldn't be at all, because they are bred to be suitable for the job, be it reining, cutting, racing.

What about arabians too? They don't even have the 'correct' amount of bones for a start, or, is that most other breeds that don't ? Their croups are meant to be less sloping, does that make them less than perfect in the eyes of someone who prefers a warmblood?

Akhal Tekes, well, they just throw the book out of the window, but to breeders there will be some as near 'perfect' as can be.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080514081847AAnuOxq

Interesting can of worms to open OP :)

Last edited:

siennamum

Visit site

Mistletoe-Kiss

Visit site
I'd like to say H, but I can't find any side on pics where he's standing nicely, plus even I can see that he isn't totally perfect :eek:

As an aside, I can't be the only person sick of seeing badly croup high horses!

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
I dont like the first of the Swedish warmbloodss, got very greyhound look to it. Or wembley or winton. Some of the others are very nice though. I really like the welsh C and Espoir. Yum.

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Perfect or not?

AQHA%20Mixer_Painting_0.jpg

The AQHA thinks so.

NO!

i dont like the shoulder, it has a horrid middle, to tucked in before the sheath. dont like the placement of the neck and what are they breeding if for?? meat?? those muscles on its rump and shoulder make it look like a beef cow. though I often think this about quarter horses

siennamum

Visit site
NO!

i dont like the shoulder, it has a horrid middle, to tucked in before the sheath. dont like the placement of the neck and what are they breeding if for?? meat?? those muscles on its rump and shoulder make it look like a beef cow. though I often think this about quarter horses

It just looks like a sprinter to me, they have huge muscles in just the same way.

TGM

Visit site
I always start from the bottom up, and with most if these horses I didn't get that far!

Same here - there was one in particular where I didn't get above the hoof!:eek: Quite shocking that it was used for breeding unless the hoof conformation is actually an optical illusion!