Show me your Irish Sports Horses?

Pidgeon

Visit site
Diamond Minstrel aka Pidge
17hh registered ISH, 13 yo.
Fabulous temprament, not a novice ride sharp but sensible if that makes sense? Is awesome XC but turns his hoof to anything I ask him to do. We do HT's, unaff ODE, BE90, SJ, dressage, showing and even cubbing.
Love him to bits and wouldn't swap him for anything :D
Pedigree here http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/diamond+minstrel, another King of Diamonds horse
HT2018_9_10_0001.jpg

Photo00150.jpg

Last edited:

fitzaud2

Visit site
I had an Irish Tb ;) lol ummm my friend has an ISH whos 15hh, good conformation but a little high withered, flat-ish front feet but good quality feet, very sweet and dopey in the stable but quite forward going riding wise.

That sounds like most ISH horses, for some reason. They tend to be good at what they do, but a little quirky!!!!! But you got to love em!!

posie_honey

Visit site
mines in my siggy - ISH mare 12yrs and a madam but i love her ;)
she's an anomoly thoguh - blue papered passport from irish horse board but no known breeding - ive questioned it when i sent passport away to be cahnged to my name but they just sent blue one back - no idea what that's about!! wish i did know her breeding though....

TopTotty

Visit site
somerford19.jpg

CCF17012010_00001.jpg

16h Grandsire was Clover Hill, 9 years and absolutely fantastic. Quite fiesty!!! Will be with me until the end. Doing BE100 at the moment. :) Hates dressage!!

hannahmurphy

Visit site
This is Murphy (Supermurf, Mookins, MurphyMcNugget, Donkey etc ....). He's 12yo, 16hh, super trainable, loves to learn, very willing and not phased by much.
Came to me 4 years ago as a little terror who wouldn't leave the yard - rear, rear, rear, tiss, tiss, tiss etc, now anyone could get on him and ride off into the distance! Great temperment, even non horsey people love him :) He's got a great personality & loves liquorice Allsorts.

Green passport, great lines - Kildalton Gold sired his mum :)

P1020022.jpg

18082010861.jpg

P1020219.jpg

wellybob

Visit site
Any excuse to post piccys ;D
16.2 IDXTB ,Gelding, sire oranmore boy reg ID, Dam verbal permision reg tb
Full size bridle 17 m/w saddle been to hoys and is primarely a show horse but also dressages upto elementary level has BE ,BS hunts all day and carrys a side saddle I adore him ;D ;D
So....
039.jpg

033.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

welly-2.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

welly2.jpg

129.jpg

copypic.jpg

OOps sorry for overload :)

Flash_28

Visit site
My little guy :D He is Axel Foaly aka Foalio. He's 18months old and a rescue. Had him for a few months now but having a bit of an issue with his weight :( Currently 13.1hh and hoping he will mature to around the 16hh mark. Dad was ISH and Mum was a full Irish TB.

043.jpg

037.jpg

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Build wise they can vary no end - after all they are just a cross between ID and TB - you'd just go for one that was higher ID...

Most I've had have wonderful temps. I find they're pretty laid back really, but you can create something fizzier with fitness if you want. I worked with horses for years, and they were always my fave horses even before they became ISHs.

I have two. One is half and half, and a lovely looking sport horse type (if you go into my profile theres a tiny pic of her xc) and the other is a stunning heavier weight that has much more bone, and looks like a show hunter type. Both absolutely love to jump - especially XC, and are very honest if I've got the stride wrong! The big one would be a superb hunter, the other would kill me, as is silly enough XC!

Jzee

Visit site
This is Kanni, 6 years old, 16.2, big doofus! He's great! I've had him since May and am still getting to know him. Needs his hand holding out hacking at the mo. He's half dutch WB, 1/4 TB, 1/4 irish draught. I was told they only need a weeny bit of irish draught to qualify to be an ISH. I liked the earlier 'mongrel' comment!

picture.php

Here's a video of him in his new field with my TB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAvLt5VhVnM

Dowjones

Visit site
First is Billy, he's a connXID. 11 years old and 14.2hh so a small model ;)

IMG_5598.jpg

Then is Whisper. Don't know her exact breeding. She's a 5 year old, 14.3hh mare. She's very easy going, cheeky, forward going and has a super jump.

IMG_4933.jpg

DSCF2204.jpg

DSCF2435.jpg

And DJ, He's by Dow Jones Courcel (SF) and out of a mare who is 3/4 ID 1/4 TB.

DSCF2162.jpg

DSCF2074.jpg

lochpearl

Visit site
I wanted something forward and confident, but not to fine built,

This is my ISH, he is 16.1 1/2 lol, 8 years old, wide in jeffries GP, MW in Albion SLK Ultima, full size bridle, he's a demon around food, still nips a bit, but gradually learning it is not acceptable, last owner fed tit bits all the time and he was always eating when she was doing things with him, we have finally got his weight down now. Very good doer, very willing and eager to please ridden wise, learns quickly: He is by Pauldarys Top Tiger out of ID/ISH mare with Ben Purple lines.

this is when we first got him and my friend was riding, he was overweight with fat pads then

emmaandduke.jpg

But why not go for a full ID? This is my horse of a life time and although he unluckily has had his problems, he truly is my dream horse, temperament to die for, totally loving and soppy. He is kind, willing and will do anything you ask. He gets a little cheeky when he isn't my centre of attention and his paces are amazing. He has Ireland's Pride, King of Diamonds in his breeding and everyone loves him. He is about 16.3 5 years old and at the moment although he is wider seat wise than my ISH the MM Albion tree fits him perfectly.

Henryshow1.jpg

and

henryshow2.jpg

ecrozier

Visit site
Jzee thats VERY similar breeding to mine! He is by a dutch warmblood stallion out of an ISH mare (she is a clover hill granddaughter by Captain Clover). He is actually passported as Scottish Sports Horse but is 50% irish ;) and I just like posting pics of him!
This is him:
36982_715535170233_61205302_43967471_7850660_n.jpg

34101_715534591393_61205302_43967460_7144560_n.jpg

36794_722988798103_61205302_44355153_2511456_n.jpg

He is 4 currently in a medium saddle will be mw by next year. Full size bridle, 6'3 rugs, 16.2hh maybe a tiny bit more.

This is his bloodlines:http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/tomcroft+rupert

OP, you won't be able to guage anything re fit of saddle til you can check on your actual horse I think - as you can see all the ISH vary wildly. My boy's saddle also fits my LW trakhener, and a few years back she was in the same saddle as our HW ISH mare (3/4 ID). However they look totally different sizes. You need to get a saddler to check to get a good idea of what fits and what doesn't. Rugs also vary wildly - my boy is in a smaller rug than my mare who is 3 inches shorter - but much longer.

Empy&Treacle

Visit site
picture.php

picture.php

This was my beautiful ISH. She was WB x ID. By Ricardo Z and out of a Clover Hill mare. She was beautiful, had an awesome, careful jump, lovely paces and a temperament to die for - she just absolutely loved people.

She was in a M or MW saddle both fitted very well (MW obviously with pad :p)

She was 15.3 - 16hh

Last edited:

Ozzie

Visit site
This is True Pride, aka Solo, he is 16 years old, 15.1hh, by Roeview Pride, an Irish Draught, out of a chestnut Thoroughbred mare named Snide Remark. He has Ben Purple and Western Pride in his breeding, so nicely bred :)

He was a bargain I think :) We paid £2200 for him as an 11 year old, and he turned out to be a complete schoolmaster, winning his first Novice dressage test with my sister, and being placed at what was both their first ODE! Talented and safe, and really a star!

SoloDA3copy-1.jpg

lara b

Visit site
Cooper
15.2hh ISH gelding
He takes a wide saddle but has a large shoulder so needs a working hunter style saddle as a GP is too forward cut for him!

He is probably the cobbiest looking ISH on this thread so far. Unfortunately I have no breeding history.

020.jpg

017.jpg

JoJo he is beautiful. He is exactly what I am searching for. Bet you have loads of fun together :)