Show me your Quest outfits

JulesRules

Visit site
I'm planning on doing MyQuest this year and hopefully TeamQuest although team members seem to be dropping like flies.

I like the idea of wearing more sporty attire while still being smart. I know a lot of modern show wear is now made from more sport friendly materials (stretchy, breathable etc) but in what other sport are competitors expected to wear a shirt and tie plus restrictive jacket to compete?

Anyway, in a lot of pictures I've seen of Quest a lot of people seem to still be in their normal show wear.

I know it's still 7 weeks until the start of the new season but I'm starting to think about outfits. I can't wait to ditch my beige breeches for a more flattering darker colour.

Who here has done Quest or is planning to this year? Show me your outfits please. I need inspiration!

w1bbler

Visit site
Our team stuck with white or beige jods, long sleeved white t shirt & gilet with team name on saddle cloth to match the gilet. That seemed to be pretty standard for majority of teams we competed against
We did see one team who just turned up in their everyday riding kit, they still scored well but did look out of place.

rosiesowner

Visit site
I don't have an outfit to show you but a lot of the Questers I see online seem to go for a smart softshell gilet over long sleeves. I'm thinking of maybe having a go with Chilli next year :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
The rugby shirts look good. I keep meaning to psych myself up to register and get out a bit - but my motivation for dressage is so low atm!

madamebonnie

Visit site
We've got some patterned fleeces from M&S. I'm going to make stocks with one of the colours in the pattern and then go with our own boots/hats/numnah combos. Don't want to spend a fortune if we only manage to do one or two outings!

I think any top/jumper/fleece combined with a stock still looks smart

JulesRules

Visit site
I saw some funky fleeces in M&S yesterday. Wonder if it's the same one?

I definitely don't want to wear a stock. That's one of the things I hate. I know they look pretty but they are so pointless for sport. Imagine if you saw a cyclist or runner competing in a shirt and tie?

Im concentrating on My Quest for now as Team Quest we did have 7 but only 2 of us have actually registered and everyone else seems to wobbling.

I'm not sure whether to find a really nice saddle cloth and then match to it colour wise for me. I can't decide what colour best suits my boy. He is a very pale cream dun with dapples (greying out) so he looks nice in lots of colours, browns, greens, blues etc.

Is personalised stuff with his name a bit cheesy? I'm also tempted to go a bit tartan if I can find anything.

What colour do you think would suit him?

Attachments

• received_10160539474840125.jpeg
    received_10160539474840125.jpeg
    398.7 KB · Views: 4

madamebonnie

Visit site
Ooh I think tartan would be nice for him but to me goes against your wishes to look less traditional :p

We've gone for the darkish black/blue/purple pattern. We are NW so not likely to run in to you...apart from the finals ;)

How about a rich red/burgundy, royal blue, a strong colour would look great.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Highlands look great in anything - nice, plain backdrop for any colour. I have got a couple of tartan pony saddle cloths but they're not dressage cut (don't think they make them) so they're not ideal with a dr saddle. (Photo is from a rare dressage lesson in his EVIL jumping saddle, which I despised riding in at dr length to the point where I took it off half way through and completed the lesson bareback!).

12120171_404171426458576_3435873555781890061_o.jpg

This is one of our more extreme, blinding looks... You really can roll a turd in glitter ;)

12805809_446723562203362_8510139626428725571_n.jpg

I think you just have to pick what you like and go with it. I'm totally with you on stocks, btw - I feel like I'm throttling myself with mine, and it usually ends up flying out behind me like Biggles...

Mule

Visit site
I'm planning on doing MyQuest this year and hopefully TeamQuest although team members seem to be dropping like flies.

I like the idea of wearing more sporty attire while still being smart. I know a lot of modern show wear is now made from more sport friendly materials (stretchy, breathable etc) but in what other sport are competitors expected to wear a shirt and tie plus restrictive jacket to compete?

Anyway, in a lot of pictures I've seen of Quest a lot of people seem to still be in their normal show wear.

I know it's still 7 weeks until the start of the new season but I'm starting to think about outfits. I can't wait to ditch my beige breeches for a more flattering darker colour.

Who here has done Quest or is planning to this year? Show me your outfits please. I need inspiration!
I like the idea of a sportier look I'm sick of dressing up like a 19th century gentleman!

mavandkaz

Visit site
I did My Quest last summer. I just kept it simple with a navy blue polo shirt to match his navy saddle cloth and fly veil.WP_20170806_13_46_11_Pro.jpg

Then when we went to the regional finals I smarted up a bit with a waistcoat
WP_20171008_12_59_02_Pro (2).jpg