Show Report

Shantara

Visit site
Before I say anything else - Ned was trotted up yesterday in front of several people, not just YO. It was concluded there was not a single sign of lameness. None of these people would lie to me, and would have no reason to want him in work if he was indeed lame.
I don't want any aspect of that other thread dragged into this one. I have read it all and taken note of any advise I found useful. Thank you.

NOW! On to the good stuff.

I went to the local show last night and I wasn't wanting to ride, I was just wanting to walk/trot Ned around the show grounds to get him used to it. I was watching a rider go around and YO said to me "I hope you're learning this course, you're in next"
Panic set in. Last time I did a show, I fell off twice. I didn't hurt more than my pride though.

With shaking hands and my heart almost coming out of my chest, I kicked him on into the ring. There was a slight moment of napping, but a firm voice and he went in.
Truth be told, I walked most of it. His old rider would thunder him towards the jumps and it put him in awful habits! Not one refusal and only hints at napping.

I won 2nd in the 2ft 3 and 4th in the 2ft 6, due to 2 downed fences!!

I am over the moon. Showing has always been one of Ned's worst aspects and he was great! I'm so proud of the ponio <3

Showing off my Bazinga numnah and our 2nd rosette :)

I look massive, but I have terribly long stirrups, up a few holes next time I think..

Show004-2.jpg

Madam Min

Visit site
Aww well done you two! Fab! :)

I'm trying to get into the jumping lark, my mare loves it, I do but only when my blood is up! ;)

Shantara

Visit site
Thanks guys! Im going to have to buy a rosette board thingy soon I think, im getting quite a collection :-D
maybe next week ill actually earn a 1st! Ive got 2 1sts with ned, but only because no one else entered lol!