show turnout for part bred Welsh?

carmen329

Visit site
i own a 13.2hh part bred Welsh b mare, and this year im planning on taking her to a few local shows, but i have no idea whether i'm supposed to plait her up, trim her whiskers and feathers etc. also, what kind of jacket - my friend owns a Welsh part bred (arab) and she's wearing navy but i don't know if i should too - , tie, jodhpurs, browband etc will i need? im only planning on taking her in a few classes such as riding school pony, inhand etc. she's chestnut btw. thanks in advance :)

WelshD

Visit site
Always plaited

If the pony is of show ony type then a blue jacket and coloured browband, if the pony is heavier then turn out as a show hunter pony, tweed coat plain browband

If in doubt at a local show a tweed coat and plain browband will rarely offend so go for that if you have a tweed

At the end of the day you may well be restricted to what you have so just turn out as well as you can, present yourself and the pony clean and tidy and you wont go far wrong

Crackerz

Visit site
As WelshD said. Plaited, pulled and trimmed.
I'd probably opt for tweed and plain browband as there are very few true show pony types around at lower levels and they are more restricted on classes locally imo. (it would be easier to advise if we could see a pic :) )