show update :)

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
Ok, so had a show on friday :)

We got 2 1sts and a 4th.
Was a bit miffed on the 4th but it was the first show of the day so he had a bit of waking up to do! lol

Overall was very pleased as he jumped well in the 2 classes with a jump in (the 4th and one 1st result) and every time left canter was requested, left canter was achieved! :) (he really struggles with left canter!) overall he did superbly!! (sp?!) and I was very happy

It also meant we got into the ridden championship, he was fantastic! the gallop, OMG I did the long side of the arena in about........... 3 paces?!!?! It was incredible I have never felt him move so well!!
What annoyed me tho was that the champion was the adult rider who requested to stand out of the ridden gallop, and reserve champion was a lead rein so obv couldnt do it all either (less miffed about the reserve as that was understnadable!) Im not saying I deserved champion but there were a couple of others in the class who did the gallop on equally if not nicer horses (in my opinion) who did all the required elements of the championship, and lost to the one person who didnt........ hmm crazyness of judgin hey!!

But anyway here are a couple of picture! The close up ones are edited from the original so sorry if they look a bit crappy quality, got some more on mums camera so will be trying to get them soon too! :)

hope you like!

P1010033.jpg

P1010032_edited.jpg

P1010031_edited.jpg

P1010029.jpg

P1010028_edited.jpg

P1010026_edited.jpg

P1010025.jpg

P1010024.jpg

and at the end of the day:

P1010022.jpg

looking a bit fed up! :) hehe

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Well done you and your horsey. Have to say your horse looks the image of my friends horse years ago, she sold him a long time back now, but he could be his full brother! :D

Sessle

Visit site
Well done! Looking lovely :) Ha - show I saw the other day a pony/rider won supreme championship and they hadn't actually won a championship to qualify for it =S I swear that show is fixed! Lol! :D

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
Thank you all!!! :)

I was very happy with him and just happy with got into the championship at all! :)

It is annoying with champsionships but I guess its just the way it goes sometimes and the rest of the day was fab so bah who cares! :) (except for me as the sash was purple and I wanted it really badly!!! lol)

monkeybum13

Visit site
Well done on the results :D
The reason I don't like showing is similar to the championships in which you were in. At one show there were only 3 people in the worker championships, me on my welsh b, another girl on a welsh b and a welsh d (it was a welshies show). The welsh d was champion, but in the jumping in previous classes it wouldn't go near the fences, if it did it would roll the poles (he was the only one in the large breeds class hence why he was in the championships) The other welsh b was reserve champion (had faults in the jumping, but not as many as other "showing ponies" so was second to me) and then the judge told me that I was last because he couldn't imagine my pony out hunting?? Well as the only pony to have gone clear in all his classes and to have succesfully hunted with both the Beaufort and Mendip I was utterly confused (ok we may have had a small buck in the gallop (due to the fact that he gets a little spirtied when going fast with others due to his hunting) but at least we gallopd, the others didn't!) :confused:

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
thank you all!

yes the championship was a tad irritating but HEY HO was just one of those stupid things

Thank you, Im rather fond of Basil :) esp seeing as many other horses in the championship were BEAUTIFUL big coloured hairy cobs (theresa you would have loved them!!!) and basil held his own (and way out did them all in the gallop! ;) )

And Ella - it is at Eccleston Equestrian Centre in Leyland/Chorley way (its from when I go home not whilst at uni in nottingham)

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
No i do ride when at uni, (or I did, I start rotations in 4 weeks, so will be riding when feasible for this upcoming year, ARGH!)
but this show was at my yard at home :) which sort of makes me even happier that we did so well as I only ride Basil every........... 4 weeks maybe?? and yet the moment I get on him (lessons or show) he just ups his game from safety riding school cob to showy flashy super cob! :)

Love him :D

Miss Marple

Visit site
Yes thats what i was thinking, well done you for fab results from only riding him casual :D

I was trying to work out which yard you were riding at as i'm from Nottingham but nothing seemed familiar - LOL obvious now why not!

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
Miss Marple, No in nottingham I ride at Stonepit near Gotham, I have had some lessons at Barleyfields too, and Ivanhoe in Ashby, all of which are lovely! :)

Thank you, I am really happy he tries so hard for me!

Tamba - thank you! I would have given us the sash too, but really just coz I think he would look really lovely in purple! :D hehe (and obviously coz I am biased and think we are mint! lol)

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
she used to teach me! :) always made lessons very enjoyable! Just being a cr*ppy lowly student meant I cudn afford lessons for too long! :( (when i go home mum treats me! :D )