Show us your cutaway tweeds!!!!

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
Hello guys,

Im thinking of replacing my tweed showing jacket with one with a slight cutaway detail. Would love to see yours and how they fit!

Also, right now I have a green tweed but I am thinking of replacing with a brown to wear with burgundy tie/browband combo!? My horse is chestnut (dark, almost liver) with white socks and blaze. Do you think this would be suitable- I like to be as correct as possible :D

humblepie

Visit site
Don't think they are correct in showing terms though you do see them from time to time. If you are an adult on a horse I would say not a route to go down.

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
Thanks for your input :)

I think I should have rephrased my question! I am looking at jackets with a 'slight' cutaway detail )as Im quite slim and feel theres an awful lot of material around the bottom of jackets when im in the saddle) not the ones which are really open at the front! :)

Dannylandrover

Visit site
Cutaway jackets were all the rage at one time, but you don't see that many now. I would suggest you talk to a knowledgeable person at a show for there advice. Also talk to Pretty Ponies,look on the website, they do made to measure jackets and are really good quality, they know what is in fashion as well as what is correct for the classes you want to do.
Good luck.

The wife

Visit site
The sister show the racehorse in a cutaway navy jacket but she's super skinny and has no lumpy bits to hide. Never stopped her. Know try aren't overly fashionable mind but it adds a touch more class to a plain-ish horse and looks superb in evening performances. As for tweed cut-aways, I've never really understood why anyone would? Sorry OP, I don't get them :).

Lolo

Visit site
I've seen one tweed jacket like the one you describe, worn by a ridiculously skinny teenager. I didn't really like it, although with a waistcoat under it could have looked nicer, maybe. It just wasn't hugely flattering to her on or off the horse.

3bh

Visit site
I think you mean the trend for 'bumfreezer' three-sizes-too small jackets rather than cutaway - in the larger pony/int classes....they're not tapered, just straining to meet at the buttons!

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
No not like that Clio :( perhaps the ones I'm looking at are not cutaway.

I'm also not looking for one 3 sizes too small. Just looking at one to flatter my figure, I'm a size 8 anyway.

Cleo

Visit site
Awww bless you, I'm sure it will look fab whatever it's like. If you like it, then you'll feel good in it. Then you'll look good in it :D

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
Is it more you want it shorter in front, as if you are fairly front it makes you look larger, as it bunches up?? I have the same sort of problem, as I'm a size 8 and about 5"2, I would say go for a made to measure if you can, or just try on as many different jackets as possible, and see if you sit on a saddle when trying them on, get someone to take a photo, then look at which looks best?

Jesstickle

Visit site
If you are petite you could try a maids sized one rather than a ladies one. They are often a little shorter in the arm and body and suit petite ladies better than some drapey full sized one :)

ironhorse

Visit site
Might be worth looking at some of the shorter ones- they are very fashionable for dressage now too! Pikeur do some of the nicest ones in black and navy, think they do tweeds too.
I've just swapped - I'm not particularly young or slim :D but have long legs and a short body so my gorgeous Barbour show jacket just drowned me. Bought a Pikeur cool wool second hand on ebay and the cut and fit is just fab!

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
Thankyou :D

Sorry I can't quote on
My iPhone.

Yes, I feel mine bunches up in front & could do with less material there so the one in the link would be ideal :D really nice :) failing that I may get mine tailored. A maids fit would just be too short in the arms for me as I'm about 5 7" so fairly tallish!

I'm glad you understood whst I meant about 'tapered front'! :D

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
I wear a maids cut and I have very long arms and am 5'6. They fit just fine. I would try a maids cut before assuming it would not fit you. A 34/35" maids is good on me whereas a 34/35" ladies looks ridiculous - too big on the shoulders and too long for me.