Showing a part bred Section D

cat100

Visit site
I am after a little advice on showing my Section D cross Traditional Gypsy Cob. I am wanting to show her at local level, in part bred M & M classes, but am not sure on how to turn her out. She is quite chunky mare, but more of her section d comes out in her. I am not sure that plaiting would suit her, although everywhere I have read that Part bred Mountain and Moorland have to be plaited. Both of her breeds are shown in their natural state, and so would it be appropriate to show her in her natural state too? She is fully registered with the Welsh Pony and Cob Society as a partbred. Thank you for any advice!willow1.JPGwillow rosie1.JPG

be positive

Visit site
She is not really of traditional type so should be plaited and trimmed to show properly and in my view would look very smart presented as a hunter pony so would be worth putting in the work to get her ready but if only going to a local show for fun you could just take her as she is and accept that she may not do as well as she would presented correctly.
You may be surprised at how well she scrubs up once the hair is removed she is an attractive pony with a lovely head that would be enhanced by plaiting.

windand rain

Visit site
I agree with BP a partbred should always be shown pulled,trimmed and plaited. The only exception is a palomino in a colour class

cat100

Visit site
Thank you. I will have to practise my plaiting skills! When you say trimmed, are you referring to her feathers too? I don't think I would want to take her feathers off.

ImmyS

Visit site
Mine is a fully registered Welsh part bred, also a Welsh D x traditional cob. I turned him out as above - trimmed and plaited.

Qsy9VlQ.jpg

NCEXVvx.jpg

cat100

Visit site
He is gorgeous. And looks very smart. I love my girls feathers though and so will keep those. We are only doing for fun really and experience. She has just turned 5 and its more for variety!

Leo Walker

Visit site
If its only for fun then dont worry about it. But she really would be a cracking hunter pony pulled and trimmed. I'm sitting here itching to get my hands on her! :)