Showing an Appaloosa yearling in hand?

Drummer

Visit site
Hello,

Please can anyone help me out on this, and what would be the best way to turn my youngster out and what to use as a halter/bridal and where is a good place to purchase? Have had a search on google for examples but I am not getting much back. I am hoping I can finaly give in to my fancy browband craving?? I know what I should be wearing, assuming its the same as showing my maxi in hand just with different colour trousers. Any advice would be great thank you!!

Spottyappy

Visit site
Have been out of the county show scene for Appys a few years, but I did used to show in fancy browbands, and was never penalised for it. Get an inhand bridle, with a small mullen mouth snaffle, and an inhand leather lead rope. Most good tack shops will sell them, but you may be lucky and find decent secondhand ones on ebay.
I just used to wear plain trousers or johds with a white blouse and waistcoat, but have no idea if this is still acceptable. Have you looked on the BAPS website as there are bound to be photos on it to give you some ideas.

Toast

Visit site
You can show in traditional western type (fancy halter and cowboy boots.. the lot!) or you can just turn out as normal with an inhand bridle and a little rubber snaffle.
When i take mine out i wear cream trousers or jods because his legs are dark (other way round if your appy has lighter coloured legs!) You should show in a tweed jacket.
I second looking on the BApS website. That'll tell you what you need to know and they have pics on so you can see what everyone else shows in
smile.gif

x