Showing Checklist - Help Needed!

sasquatch

Visit site
I feel like I've made this post about 4 times, so apologies.

I'm now at the point of having to gather things together as the show is on the 22nd. It's only a local show, but I think the mare could do quite well so we are trying to get it as right as possible.

I have a black plain CO peaked cap which should be okay, light cream breeches (they're definitely not white), a green checkered short sleeved show shirt that a tie can be worn with, a green tie, I will be trying to source a jacket to either borrow or buy second hand, and black tall boots.

Mare is doing the newcomers riding horse, riding horse and coloured class (hopefully) she is coloured and an ISH (I think) but quite fine and looks slightly more TB (if link to photo works - this is her https://imgur.com/fCQzypu)

I am not sure what to do when it comes to browband and noseband?
I know when B did inhand he had a chunky flat noseband but he was native/chunky type.
Does she need a ribbon brownband, and if so which colour, and what sort of noseband?
Her tack is all brown, and all of Bs stuff is black so I will most likely try and get one off ebay as it's just for one show.
i know she's to have either no numnah or a very small discreet one - would I be better looking for white or brown with her markings?

also, any hints or help for plaiting and keeping her clean would be very appreciated! she's incredibly mucky and we also have dressage on sunday, my plaiting isn't great and last time we had dressage she was bathed and spotless the day before but brown the morning of our tests :(

be positive

Visit site
I would get a flat noseband as her face has rather a lot of white on it and anything thin will look rather lost, a coloured browband is normally used but there is no reason you cannot go with a plain one, if getting a velvet I would find one with green in it to tie in with your outfit, green and gold or navy would look smart.
I prefer a brown numnah even on a grey or coloured as bright white can make the horse look grubby and generally it is more practical.

As for getting her clean she looks good in the photo so it shouldn't be too hard with plenty of scrubbing, a bit of chalk and some conditioner, if they tend to get grubby overnight then it is often less hassle to get up early and bath in the morning, if you get everything ready and are well prepared it can be done so they are drying while you plait the wet mane which makes that job easier and you can then be ready to go with a fairly dry and clean horse.

Bernster

Visit site
Exactly what BP said :)

I only dabbled in it for one season mind you so I'm a total novice. But above makes total sense based on the research I did and the shows I went to. Have fun, I really enjoyed it. Am toying with the idea of doing it again this year but can't bring myself to do all the faffing and cleaning as my boy is a total poo monster and I take forever to get ready at the best of times.