Showing class query

EllieBeast

Visit site
As both my horses are currently out of work (one permanently, the other whilst her new saddle is being made)- I am bored and musing about what I can do with the youngster this year once she is back in action.
She is rising 5 this summer and has had an easy life so far! I plan to get her out to do a few dressage tests, but was thinking of braving the scary world of showing for the education. We did plenty of inhand coloured and young stock classes before she was backed but was wondering what ridden classes (bar coloureds) she wouldnt be laughed out of - any ideas?
She is approx 16.1 at the moment, Appy X Tb (unregistered). Apologies for the state of her, she is currently living out like the hippo she wants to be... and out of work hence the lack of muscle!! I'd be grateful for any cc or advice :)

20140104_121831_zpsbb8e81b0.jpg

20140104_121639_zpsef2e3da4.jpg

20140104_121655_zps3011e47f.jpg

mrogers

Visit site
I would try hunters, LW if they are split into sections and sports/competition horse. You could also do novice classes. Check the schedules though as she may not be eligible for coloured classes at some shows

only_me

Visit site
You could try her in a riding horse class, she looks a bit fine for a LW :)

Lovely markings! Sympathise with the hippo part - it has been torrential rain today but Billy decided he wanted out and stayed out all day - he even has the option to come in if he wants :p

EllieBeast

Visit site
Cheers guys, I did think that she would be an ok 'type' for hunters but wasnt sure if we would be laughed at against the shiny conker bay horses! (Although, lets be honest, I bought an appy x, I do have a sense of humour! !)
Mrogers- thank you, we have previously competed inhand in 'odd coloureds' classes so may have to keep an eye out for the ridden version.
Hopefully once back in work she will muscle up nicely - I have no idea what colour she will be come the show season, unfortunately I have a suspicion that she will go even whiter so I had better crack out the fairy liquid...