Showing classes for Welsh part bred?

ImmyS

Visit site
Hi,

I'm completely ignorant and clueless when it comes to showing!! So need all the help I can get. Would like to get my new boy out and about to some local in hand and ridden shows this summer but have no idea what classes he would be suitable for or how to turn him out?

He's approx 15hh middleweight type, 4 year old. Welsh section D x

Any help would be great!

ImmyS

Visit site
8RGp73m.jpg

be positive

Visit site
Trimmed, pulled and plaited (possibly hogged he could be a lightweight cob in the making) at local level he could do RC horse or similar classes, there are normally classes for novice ridden of any type, he is not really quality enough for small hunters or RH classes but is a lovely type who is going to be lots of fun.

ImmyS

Visit site
Thank you for replies, contemplating hogging once he's matured as still looks a bit too weedy

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Thank you for replies, contemplating hogging once he's matured as still looks a bit too weedy

Yes, you could do it now but it is a bigger decision and I think he will look ok plaited up (even Frank does really and I have done when I have had clipped legs to do local workers etc).

ImmyS

Visit site
Yes, you could do it now but it is a bigger decision and I think he will look ok plaited up (even Frank does really and I have done when I have had clipped legs to do local workers etc).

Yes, think will plait up this year and then see where he's at next year. This year will just be a bit of fun and experience for him anyway. Got to start sorting his mane out, he's got so much of it! Needs some thinning otherwise I'll be wrestling it into plaits!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I have always found sewing F's a lot easier and a lot longer lasting! His mane also got tamer over the years (he came hogged)

this was us pretending we weren't welsh ;) in 2011 :eek3: there was a reason I'd taken his legs off, excessive scabbiness I expect.

248804_10150649539260438_1495968_n.jpg

ImmyS

Visit site
I have always found sewing F's a lot easier and a lot longer lasting! His mane also got tamer over the years (he came hogged)

this was us pretending we weren't welsh ;) in 2011 :eek3: there was a reason I'd taken his legs off, excessive scabbiness I expect.

248804_10150649539260438_1495968_n.jpg

He looks very smart plaited up