Showing coloureds

Spottyappy

Visit site
A little help, please, from those who show coloureds.
I am used to the World of welsh showing, but I now have a part bred welsh/gypsy cob Mare.
Do we show plaited or natural?
will attach a photo, as I believe type makes a difference too but I would describe her as coloured native, I guess.

Attachments

• 4866606B-A3DD-468B-8B89-FE6D265CCA33.jpeg
    4866606B-A3DD-468B-8B89-FE6D265CCA33.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 30

cornbrodolly

Visit site
Show natural; trimmed as a D. I see she is on the trad , unlike my welsh d x trad , [pictured left] who is lighter than many full d s. Is she by a welsh out of trad mare ? My first of this cross was this way round and he was similar in build to yours, the sweetest horse I ve ever had. My second 2 were bred the other way, out of D mares and lighter built.All three were/are great jumpers and could tackle any job.
My favourite cross -I am looking for a 1 - 2 yr coloured filly of this type to bring on, as my O H steals my present mare for hunting! ..... but cant find one .They arent bred so much because the Welsh breeders dont like the coloureds and the coloured people seem to prefer the heavy traditionals , yet to me this is a perfect cross.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
Depends on what sort of classes you are showing in. If as a PB Welsh I would have thought she should be plaited. No idea what the rules are for Coloured classes but would have suspected plaited.

Spottyappy

Visit site
Thank you.
corn, she is by a trad stallion, Login Dancing With Wolves, and out of a Cilsane welsh mare, so the other way to you. She is very much welsh in attitude too!
Errin we are doing ridden and Inhand coloured. So, are also up against spots, duns and so on. At the moment, only local level, but this mare was champion at the royal welsh Inhand as a youngster (ob not with us or I wouldn’t be asking!) So, we had high hopes if thing ever return to normal too.