showing help needed

rossiroo

Visit site
Can anyone sugest what classes a 15.2hh ex-racehorse would be suited to. She is quite fine boned and doesn't jump but does nice dressage. Also rider would be 14 years old so would that limit the options, can someone explain what a SRT is please ? and any advise on dress code would be great .Thank you,

Visit site
If you can get height certed at 15.2hh or below then Intermediates is the way forward. You can ride an Int. up until you are 25. If the horse is very dainty then they would be turned out as a Show Hack - navy jacket, velvet browband et al. Be ridiculously well schooled, very well mannered and polite.

I don't think anyone under 15 or 16 can compete in ex-racer classes though you may want to check that out for the various different societies. You can't compete in horse classes if you are under 16 in most societies so you wouldn't be able to do Show Hacks just yet. At local level I think anything goes to be honest.

rossiroo

Visit site
I'm not sure how to put a picture on, this is first time that I've opened a post I usually just comment on them ! She is just a nice compact bay with very good comformation, I may be able to get daughter to put pic on when she's home later, thanks for the interest.

rossiroo

Visit site
Thanks EKW, I have tried ROR but as she has never raced in UK she is not elidgable although she was in training for 3 years she was never fast enough. I didn't realise that there was an age limit for some societies I will have to ring round and find out. Intermediates may suit her though, thank you.

xloopylozzax

Visit site
Have you got the picture uploaded online anywhere, facebook or photobucket?

If you stick it on photobucket (its free) then copy and paste the IMG code.

on facebook, right click on the picture, click properties and copy the url, then paste between [IMG.] (remove the dots) [/IMG.] in your post :)

rossiroo

Visit site
281983_254823731305724_1599367552_n.jpg

rossiroo

Visit site
This was taken in the summer when she had just started re-schooling, she has muscled up more now and hopefully will look good by this spring.

humblepie

Visit site
Looks nice horse though difficult to say much about type from the photo.

Intermediate show riding types are I think governed by the BSPS so have a look on their website. They quite often tend to be show hacks or show riding horses and show ponies as well as the height incompases both. I think the height is 158 cms so yours should come within that. There are also intermediate show hunters which are for chunkier horses.

I think for British Show Horse Association classes, they can now be done at the age of 15. Again have a look on their website.

ElaineLightning

Visit site
Difficult to tell how finely limbed she is with the boots on but possibly ISRT, ISHT, riding horse or hack classes depending on how fine she is and how she moves

She looks nice

rossiroo

Visit site
She is fine boned and does move well, as she is ridden in a nathe snaffle I am a bit reluctant to change but I expect that this will not be acceptable in most show classes. Also does ISRT stand for intermediate show riding type?

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
BSPS classes are probably the way to go - she will need a height certificate for most classes though.

She would either be a hack or a riding horse (small riding horse or large hack) - again, she would need a height certificate.

Riders must be 15 or over.

The BSHA also do day tickets - so you don't have to be a member or have height certificates - however, it cannot be a qualifer class for RIHS or HOYS. So if it is a novice or amateur class, or a non qualifier, then you can just enter it providing you purchase the day ticket option. You will find this on their website.

RIding horse info
http://www.theshowring.info/Riding Horses.htm

Hack info
http://www.theshowring.info/Hacks.htm

Hope this helps!

rossiroo

Visit site
Thanks for all the advise, I think that as rider is only just 14 that we may concerntrate on dressage this year and just do some local low key showing, if that goes well then next year maybe focus on hack and perhaps some ex-racer classes.