Showing: how long do the classes take

DressageCob

Visit site
I’m taking my cob out to Warrington Horse Show on Monday. My class is 7th after 10:30. Roughly what time might my class start? I heard someone say it’s 10 minutes per class, but with 11 horses in the class before me, all to be ridden by the judge, that seems unlikely.

jnb

Visit site
10 minutes per class?! I don’t think so!
If all the classes prior to you are ridden classes and not in hand, I normally assume 20-30 minutes minimum per class. If the judge rides as opposed to the competitors giving a ridden show, longer than that.
If there are no “not before” times, if travelling a long way I used to aim to arrive at the start of the show if in any of the first 2-4 classes
In your case I’d want to be there no later than 11.15-12 - time to get number etc, find your ring, see where they’re at, tack up, warm up, pop off your horse and get changed and oil hoofs etc, then another check where they’re at and coolly arrive at collecting ring as the class before you goes in - time for more warm, a drink and final polish before going in.

Equi

Visit site
Just a general time stamp on my section, but about 8-9 classes of inhand with approx 4-7 horses in each took us about 9AM -1PM. Ive went to shows before when my section is after the connemaras/natives and im there until about 3/4/5PM waiting. I generally avoid shows now that have my section after another.

Shay

Visit site
The times are all on the schedule - here http://www.warringtonhorseshow.com/timetable-arenas/

This is a significant country show (unless there are two warringtons?).

Oh..I see... Cob classes in the showing arena 42 - 45?

Probably the easiest is to call the secretary. I see they allow entries on the day too (unusual - our country shows down south don't!) so its really hard to predict the times with any degree of accuracy. It could be anything from 30 mins to 1 hour at least. If you have lots of entries and only one judge even longer. Although I would expect them to have two at County level.

DressageCob

Visit site
Thanks everyone.

It is the county show. I’m using it as a warm up for Cheshire.

There are two judges, one conformation and one ride.

The entries on the day are just the SJ and fun classes. It was pre entries only for the “proper” showing classes.

I’m guessing then that I won’t be on before 12ish and probably later. I’ll still get there for 10:30 though, just in case!!

Shay

Visit site
As a guess I would say probably not earlier than 12.30. But the last thing you need is to arrive and be pushed for time.