Showing Jacket - help?

Denbob

Visit site
So I competed for the first time today (both for me and my 4yo) and I think I've caught the dressage bug...

I need to start looking into a show jacket of my own, any brands people would recommend? I'm not overly fussed on colours although nothing too gaudy. My boy is dark bay with some lighter colouring and his tack is black.

Preferably need something that's tailored at the waist but with plenty of room (and unfortunately I do mean plenty :( ) of chest room so any recommendations in that kind of region would be super helpful! TIA x

Visit site
I love Mears jackets! They fit beautifully though I am not the biggest chested. For dressage you would want a navy blue or black jacket. I personally would go Navy every time. Your also can't beat a traditional woolen jacket - apart from in the middle of summer!

LPL

Visit site
I’m super hourglass shaped and needed to buy an emergency jacket at the Great Yorkshire Show when mine got soaked through in my first class. I got an equetech tweed jacket off the peg and i couldn’t have got a better fitted jacket M2M. Not expensive either!

n27cMJt.jpg

I’ve not bloody worn it since!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Definitely navy. If it’s just for dressage then I’d go for a modern stretchy technical fabric that’s machine washable. I like Pikeur and they do a range of different fits. Because of some of the detailing and logos they’re not all suitable for showing. If you want more traditional jacket then I bought an Equetech Stowe tweed for showing which could also be used for dressage. It is a lovely jacket.

McFluff

Visit site
I'm a bravissimo girl and found the Pikeur jackets (I have an Epsom) the best fit. I wear a tweed as just doing low level dressage and felt that was more versatile. I think I can go as far as elementary in tweed (but will check if I ever reach that level!).

Denbob

Visit site
Definitely navy. If it’s just for dressage then I’d go for a modern stretchy technical fabric that’s machine washable. I like Pikeur and they do a range of different fits. Because of some of the detailing and logos they’re not all suitable for showing. If you want more traditional jacket then I bought an Equetech Stowe tweed for showing which could also be used for dressage. It is a lovely jacket.

I'm hoping to eventually move on to do some jumping when he's ready, and we're unlikely to do much in the way of showing unless it's casual fun shows! Would the detailing and logos be okay for showjumping as well? (I follow some eventing but I'm usually drooling over the horses and forget to look at outfits!)

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I'm hoping to eventually move on to do some jumping when he's ready, and we're unlikely to do much in the way of showing unless it's casual fun shows! Would the detailing and logos be okay for showjumping as well? (I follow some eventing but I'm usually drooling over the horses and forget to look at outfits!)

It would be fine for show-jumping but tweed would be better if you were to do eventing dressage and jumping. Why not have both? :D

I sufficed with a plain cheap black Dublin jacket for many years then treated myself to a navy Pikeur for dressage. I only recently bought a tweed as it is more correct for showing.

Denbob

Visit site
I’m super hourglass shaped and needed to buy an emergency jacket at the Great Yorkshire Show when mine got soaked through in my first class. I got an equetech tweed jacket off the peg and i couldn’t have got a better fitted jacket M2M. Not expensive either!

I’ve not bloody worn it since!

That actually looks a dead on match for the one I borrowed for my competition! I'll look into that one or definitely one similar, thank you!