Showing people...

nemo_

Visit site
Would like a bit of help please! We're doing a performance class at the weekend, jump a small course of jumps and then onto individual show. I'm a bit stuck with the individual show, we have to include:
Halt, Walk on a long rein, Trot serpentine (2/3 loop), Extended trot on the diagonal, Canter serpentine (2 or 3 loop) and Extended canter on diagonal, not to exceed 2 minutes. I really cannot work out a way to make this a fairly flowing routine? :confused: Any suggestions? Also is run on a points like workers (50 for jumping, 20 for style, and 30 for show) any tips on picking them up? :p
Thanks for any advice! :D

Mickeymoo

Visit site
I would do the trotting, come down to halt, walk on a long rein, then pick up the canter.

You only need to briefly show each pace. Our Cobs' trot is far better than his canter (control) so we do as little cantering as possible and wow the judge with the trot.

hope this helps. x

beckiebeckyboo

Visit site
i ve done workers and the best piece of advice i was given was that when you all go in to trot, canter around together to make sure you are always in a big gap so that the judge can only see you rather than a group of 3 or 4 of you. if you have to make any alterations to your ride make sure you always do it when the judges back is to you!!! cant help with the show bit as i ve always found keeping it simple is best so no serpintines for me!

nemo_

Visit site
Yes it does thank you :) My boy's trot is alot better than his canter, so was planning to keep the cantering to a minimum, especially the extension, which is far too exciting! :p

Mickeymoo

Visit site
Also, if I am in canter and the judge looks at me, if I am out of control I have learn't to sit up, hold my hands still, smile and make out thats what is supposed to be happening. Once the judge looks away I sometimes come down to trot to contain the excitement.